Chapter 4

I woke up due to the loud knocks on my door. Who the hell would knock like that early in the morning? I got up from my bed and walked to the door to open it. Ilene's face appeared in front of me. I looked at her questioningly, waiting for her to explain what was happening, but Ilene grabbed my hand and walked inside my room. She closed the door and sat on my room's sofa.

"I'm sorry for disturbing you this early, Irene," Ilene started. I also sat beside her and waited for her to continue. "Don't be shocked because I have terrible news. Father is dead." After she said those words, she cried loudly in front of me. I don't know what to say. Should I comfort her? I just tapped her back, oblivious that the one who had just died was my vessel's father. "I understand that you won't be crying like me right now because you don't have any memories with our father anymore," she continued.

"It's murder, isn't it?" I asked. She looked at me again, tears in her eyes, and nodded. "Any clues as to who did it?"

"Yes, I do. They announced to the whole land of Thelea that they were the ones who killed Father and the king of Mementia. They also announced that they were after the heads of the other kingdom's ruler," she explained. "It's the Villainess. Morana is back from the dead!"

My eyes widened at what I heard, but I quickly composed myself because I didn't want her to notice any difference in me. There's only one question circling my mind now - if I'm here, who is pretending to be me? I have never killed a king without reason."What are we going to do now?" I innocently asked. Once I get my power back, that impostor must be ready to die because I will never spare his or her life. Just wait.

"I also do not know, but the council advised me to wait for our father's body. We already sent someone to get it," Ilene answered. I guess the king was killed during or after the allied meeting of the kingdoms. I have yet to mention that the domains of Arcania, Alkania, Mementia, and Socotria have created an ally union. They usually hold their meetings when the new year starts. The kingdom of Atlantia has always been low-profile; the kingdom of Demacia has always been neutral; the kingdom of Clementia has no ruler; and Furia and Zygerria are allies.

"Are we just going to let it be? Our father just died. We have to avenge his death, Ilene!" I exclaimed. I am not being dramatic nor wanting to find justice for this vessel's father; I wanted to know who uses my name to do evil things.

"I also wanted to avenge our father's death, but who am I against the villainess? I am weak against her, and so are you. We can't stand a chance against her." Ilene wiped her tears after explaining. If you're talking about the real me, you don't really have a chance to win, but we still need to find out how potent that imposter is. We might stand a chance of fighting him or her if I have my powers.

Unfortunately, this body lacks even a trace of magic. I'm not sure if this woman possesses any power because I haven't felt anything yet. What I need to do now is find a way to regain my powers and strengthen this body.

"I need to go back, sis. I still have a lot of work to do since father is already gone. I need to handle the papers and the kingdom our father left." Ilene was a responsible princess. Considering that their father is dead, the council will choose this kingdom's next ruler. Regarding the next ruler, there are only Irene and Ilene—the council must choose Ilene, for I am not interested in sitting on that throne. I still have an impostor to find.

When Ilene left the room, I also washed and dressed myself. I left the room and headed to the library. Right now, I will not find books related to myself but to this girl's power. I know she has magic; it's just that her body isn't familiar with it yet.

When I reached the door of the library, I quickly entered and closed the door. It's better to have no disturbances while I read. I also don't want anyone to see me because I know they would wonder why I'm reading a book about magic. They know that this vessel of mine is weak and is not allowed to use magic.

I headed to the magic section, and I instantly saw the Elven magic book. I did not even bother sitting at the table; I just stood there and read everything.

After reading the first few chapters, I already know why I cannot feel this girl's power. She needs to open her meridians. Since her body is already healthy, just like Bartho said, what she needs right now is someone capable of opening a meridian. Someone powerful.

Ilene and Dhrystan cannot know that I will be opening Irene's passageways. This must be kept a secret, but who would I ask to help me?

I folded the book, put it back on the shelf, and headed to the map section. After I got the map of the kingdom, I also found the blueprint of the palace. I walked back to my room and changed my clothes from wearing the dress of a princess to wearing a long black cloak. Everything I do must be discrete. No one should know that there is something wrong with Irene.

I left the palace using the blueprint, and I made sure that no one saw me getting out. I started walking in the direction of Bartho's house. When I arrived, I didn't introduce myself to him. After stating my purpose, he immediately said he couldn't help me because he's just a healer. However, he gave me a name and a location where I could find the person who could assist me.

Once again, I walked until I finally found it. The smell of herbs welcomed me when I entered the shop. There is also a small faerie who asked what I was there for.

"I am looking for Harbin. Harbin Ashrazol." The faerie immediately excused herself and called the person named Harbin. He must be an old man, just like Bartho. The healers are usually those old Theleans.

"She looks weird, but I guess she can pay you based on her clothes. And she looks like a beautiful elven woman." I heard the faerie whisper. She doesn't need to whisper; an elf can still hear you even if you're hundreds of meters away.

I heard the man chuckle and get out through the beaded curtains. A man looking in his 30s went out and faced me. I thought he would be old like Bartho, says the 506-year-old woman, but this man looks like an actor in the mortal realm.

His shoulders were broad, and he was a very tall man. His shoulder-length black hair is wavy. When he looked at me, I was confident he could entice any woman to bed with his sculpted, sharp nose and charming smile. But he is enveloped in an enigmatic atmosphere.

"So it's true that you're finally back."