Superboy: Kingdom Come I

"No, Kal-EL!" Connor's voice, the young and lost kryptonian, cries out as his presence exits one reality and enters another with a roaring boom and blinding flash of light. At a horrendous moment no less. He was previously laying witness to a battle between Lois Lane, who somehow came into the possession of kryptonian powers, and Cyborg Superman. A scenario entirely different from his tale. In that fight, he, Kal-El, and Steel were victorious. As close as it was, there were no casualties. But in that world? Everything went so wrong. He witnessed himself in another universe die a gruesome death, as well as Steel and Superman right after.

There was nothing he could do now, and that realization was sinking in like an anchor plummeting to the bottom of an ocean of despair. Sucking air in through shut teeth and peeling lips, he lifts and runs his hands through his hair. Brushing through his dark locks that fell back in place after a brief sweep, and soon settling his limbs with interlocking fingers at the back of his head. Aimless in pacing, his feet tread with a mind of their own as he tries to process what just transpired. It's not long at all before his mind is doing all sorts of mental gymnastics to blame himself for that disaster, while another half of him tries to absolve him of fault with excuses.

"Goddamn it. . . Goddamn it, goddamn it, goddamn it!" He curses everything in a fit of swelling frustration. He gives up trying to reason with himself, and thankfully manages to shift his focus elsewhere. Where did the watch take him now, was the big question. Dropping his hands to his sides, he firstly notes it's still daylight out. Grass beneath his feet, city building a short walk away, and -upon turning around- his eyes spot the Hall of Justice.

"Metropolis still?" He murmurs, already dreading any potential and unforeseeable horror that may rear its head without warning.

"Huh? Check it, is that Superman?"

"No, that guy is too short to be Superman.."

"Is it Superboy?"

"Is that someone new related to Superman?"

"That jacket is kinda' rad."

Unavoidable dialogue Connor's superb hearing couldn't help but to pick up on. As harmless as those words were, it made him anxious. So much so, that he takes off into the sky and over the city. Flying without a location in mind, though not entirely idle. He takes a moment to examine his watch,which was built and given to him by a Lex Luthor from the previous earth, discovering it was finally drained of all juice. On an upside, there wouldn't be any more sudden and involuntary world jumping. On the really scary side? He had no way of returning home now.

"Unbelievable. . . There has to be some way of fixing this thing. Please tell me this world is stable enough for me to find a rational tech expert." He pleads to the air, soon descending down into the heart of the city minutes later. Upon solid ground, it's there he sees... unfamiliar familiarity. The surroundings hold the similar sculpt of the downtown Metropolis he knew, but some things were off. Different stores and a few objects where they weren't before, one of which being a newspaper dispenser of some sort. Mindful while crossing the road, the youth jogs on over and eventually sorts out obtaining one from it. He holds it wide apart in an awkward-like fashion, never really bothering picking one up, but when he does, he sees what sort of atmosphere this earth holds.

The Supposed Heroes Of Tomorrow Lock Horns For Territory Again!!

One title read, earning an arching brow from the kryptonian.

"The groups known as Metropolis' Six and M City Crew clash in the south side of the city, indulging in senseless violence and destruction for nearly half an hour... WHAT!?" Connor exclaims with a look of confusion and disgust, clearly not too fond of where this story was going so far.