Chapter 8

"What do you mean you've never been to Disneyland?" I asked her as we walked down the shores of the Santa Monica State Beach, hand in hand.

"What?" She chuckled, "I've never been to Disneyland. There's nothing else to it, Patrick." Her cheeks grew a deep shade of red that only made her look more beautiful than she already did. She looked so cute when she was embarrassed.

"I just...I don't believe that you've never been to Disneyland. Not even when you were a little kid?"

"No. When I was a little kid, my older brothers were in their late teens and early twenties, so the idea of going to a theme park was lame to them. But I don't blame them, it's not really their fault anyways. If anyone's at fault, which no one is, it'd be my mother. She didn't want me in the first place, so I never really had the chance to have the experiences my brothers had or other little kids had."

I shifted my gaze out to the water that was void of any swimmers, parasailers, or boaters, not knowing how exactly to respond to her.

"But it's okay," She went on to say. Everything was always okay with her. "Because if things were different, I never would've moved to live with my dad and then I wouldn't have met you." She smiled up at me. She was always finding the bright side of things, and I really meant it when I say always.

I gave her a gentle kiss on the cheek.

"Maybe you should take me there," She suggested, meeting my gaze with her gorgeous eyes and the corner of her lips curling up into a smirk. "Since you're making it sound like every kid's gone there and I'm missing out on something big."

"Okay," I replied. Her eyes widened, as if she didn't expect me to say yes. "Yeah, let's do it. I'll pick you up tomorrow morning and we can spend the entire day there. It'll be so much fun."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah, why not?" I chuckled, tucking a piece of hair behind her ear. "I think everyone should go to Disneyland at least once in their lives."

She hugged me tightly and I hugged her back. "You're the best boyfriend a girl could ever ask for, Patrick," Her voice was muffled into my shirt.

"And you're the best girlfriend a boy could ever ask for,"  I replied, kissing her on the head. We kind of just stood there for a little, looking out at the Pacific Ocean, before I blurted out, "I'm going to marry you one day."

She giggled, "Oh, is that so?"

"Mhmm," I smirked, glancing down at her.

"Okay, Patrick. Whatever you say." She tilted her head up so she was looking at me. I leaned down and connected her lips with mine.