INFJ/INTJ experience part 5

The common link is that they are both led by Ni as their dominant process. Se is also at the bottom of the functions for each type.

The relationship is one that builds very slowly. But, it has the potential for a really deep connection once the opposing perspective is finally understood.

At first, the external expression of feelings is overwhelming for me. I'm sure my chilly nature will be a huge turn off for them. They care too much about silly people and their silly issues. I don't seem to care at all about any of that. Their hearts lead their brain. Most of the time, my brain has no idea how to show the world that I even have a heart.

But, the commonalities emerge as Ni is crunching through and processing all of the available information that Se is providing with each new interaction.

And, that is the bridge. INFJs can see through the INTJ walls. They see our passion for our persuits. No other type has the ability to catch any hints of INTJ Fi. They understand that we show our emotion through the sacrifices we make and the things that we do for the people who we trust and care deeply about. They see our motivations, our goals, our plans. But, because of the influence of Ti, they see with their hearts. With the exception of being drawn into occasional drama and wanting to help, INFJs are an excellent judge of people. For an INTJ, after the awkwardness of establishing recognition of the difference in perspective, communication is easy with INFJs.

INTJs rationalize emotions into things in order to better understand them.

INFJs transform things into emotions in order to better understand them.

INTJs avoid drama. They are an excellent judge of things. In relationships, INTJs are all about making great things even better. INTJs provide stability. When they let people in, they do so unconditionally. INFJs communicating so outwardly with their feelings provides constant information for the INTJ Se function to absorb.

Combined, they make a great team because they see the same end goal from different perspectives. Makes for some interesting and fascinating debates to place a passionate heart across from an equally passionate mind! INTJs and INFJs make a good pairing for their capacity to complement each others deficiencies.

I will handle the stuff. The INFJ can handle the people. And, we will hide in peaceful solitude together and create ingenious plans to conquer the world!.. oh wait, I meant improve things.

INFJs with see the warmth behind my facade of cold objectivity. INTJs will see the forward thinking motivations of their feelings. They will feel the love INTJs often have difficulty showing.

And, being introverted speaks for itself. We can get home, close the door, dim the lights, and both happily leave that oppresive chaos and insanity outside where it belongs! There will be ample quiet time to let the heart and mind wander to process things.

The pairing only becomes possible when Se is matured and developed in both. Until that happens, the idea of thinking from the Heart vs. Mind clashes in ways that makes any compromise incredibly difficult. Se provides the clues essential for both to feel comfortable and make the connection.

Until that happens, with immature functions, from opposing perspectives, INFJs are percieved as wasting their time feeling for others who don't appreciate them. INTJs are far too self absorbed and objectively driven to recognize or appreciate emotions.

Being a 'golden' pair? No. That is far more intricate than the generalities of MBTI profiling. It takes 2 individual people who share a common goal and are equally willing to compromise or complement their partner in order to achieve a common partnership plan. That is up to the individuals, not their 'type'.