Chapter 3, the transformed Alpha.

The cold and damp Black Eagle prison is built on a towering cliff like an eagle's nest. It has the strongest copper walls and iron barriers in the entire federation, as well as the most inhumane punishments.

Various torture methods such as the electric shock room, freezing chamber, and human experimentation make this gloomy hell constantly filled with screams.

Accompanied by his guards, Hudson walked into this lifeless place with disgust. He passed by one heavy prison cell after another, seeing one deformed prisoner after another tortured. His twisted desire to see Elijah's miserable state was almost revealed through his trembling lips.

Elijah was a thorn in his side, a person who climbed to a high position through his own abilities, exposing Hudson's incompetence. A just and uncompromising leader would only become an obstacle in his career. For such a hidden danger, he naturally had to remove it as soon as possible.

However, it seems that he was disappointed.

In the deepest part of the Black Eagle prison, Elijah's cell was quiet. When Hudson walked in, he saw Elijah sitting on the punishment chair with his eyes closed, his hands tied behind the chair back. His military uniform was soaked in blood, dirty and messy, but he did not show any signs of weakness or pain. He only slowly opened his eyes when he heard the noise.

"You still refuse to confess," Hudson said. In fact, he had anticipated this result. Elijah was an excellent Alpha officer, and he must have undergone training for torture in military school. Ordinary punishments were not enough to make him bow his head.

"Reporting to the commander." A torturer walked out of the control room and reported to Hudson, "Since Elijah was locked up in the Black Eagle prison three days ago, we have used all the punishment measures in the torture room, including shining bright lights on him every night and not allowing him to sleep or rest. But Elijah has not said a word and refuses to admit to colluding with the empire. Throughout this time, he only had one request, to meet with General Lin Yin."

"Is that so?" Hudson sneered at Elijah, his expression strange and his tone sarcastic. "You are so naive. Do you think that at this point, I would still let you meet with Lin Yin?"

Elijah also looked at Hudson, his eyes red and bloodshot with exhaustion, but his gaze was deep. Being stared at by such eyes was like being seen through to the bone marrow.

General Hudson's face stiffened as he ordered his guards and executioners, "You all leave, I want to talk to General Elijah alone."

"Yes."

Soon, only the two of them remained in the cell.

The bone-chilling air filled the room as Elijah was bound to the torture chair, looking at the Secretary-General before him with an unwavering gaze.

"Hudson, the Federation has officials like you who have been corroded from within by parasites," he said calmly. "You have forgotten the original intention of the Federation. This is not the world of dictators. Today, you can erase all my achievements and label me a traitor and spy, but one day, you will be overthrown by the free people, and you will be nailed to the pillar of shame in history!"

"Freedom?" Hudson sneered and snapped his fingers. "Ha, the Federation is very free, but only to be beaten by the Galactic Empire. Haven't you also been defeated?"

He paced around Elijah, surveying the cramped cell, and finally placed his hand on Elijah's shoulder, leaning in close to his ear and saying with a serious tone, "You, Lin Yin, and those in your faction are all bound by the word 'freedom,' just like being trapped in this small cell, with aspirations but nowhere to go."