Chapter 35, Elijah

Chapter 35, Elijah

Yun Xu is someone who doesn't play by the rules, or rather, she is too free-spirited to be bound by any outdated conventions.

Prior to this, Ilya had never thought that an Alpha could mark another Alpha, but...that couldn't really be considered marking, it was just imitating the behavior between different sexes.

He understood what Yun Xu meant. Now that he was being forced to go into heat by the medication, if he didn't get relief soon, he might dehydrate and die. But there was no one else here, let alone an Omega. The only solution was to weaken the medication's effect by distributing some of it to other parts of his body...and giving some to Yun Xu.

"No," Ilya said firmly, wrapping himself tighter in the blanket. He looked at the fearless girl in front of him and felt so small and powerless, needing a chance encounter with a girl three years younger than him to help him.

He buried himself in the blanket and said, "I won't hurt you. You should leave now. I can tough it out."

Loi didn't remember what happened after that. His memory stopped at the heat that was about to burn him to ashes. He pressed himself against the wall, desperately seeking a little bit of coolness, and then lost consciousness in thirst and a splitting headache.

What happened afterwards? 

Did I bite her? 

When he opened his eyes again, he was the only one left on the prison planet. There was a small card left by his pillow with Yun Xu's neat childish handwriting: "Awarded to the bravest big brother in the universe. You will definitely become the most powerful person!"Speaking of which... what about that card? He had been keeping it safe all along, it should be in... Suddenly, Loy felt like he remembered something, and he raised his head abruptly. Suddenly, he felt dizzy and a sharp pain shot through his forehead. He heard a familiar voice in his ear, "Did you dream of me?"

"Wake up quickly, I still have something to tell you."

It was Yun Xu calling him!

Loy blinked his eyes, and the scene in front of him began to become unreal, as if his light and airy soul had suddenly been pulled into his body, and a heavy feeling pressed down on him. The pain all over his body also came at the same time. Loy groaned and subconsciously curled up his body. Suddenly, a hand pressed down on his shoulder.

He was forcefully laid back in the medical cabin again. His eyelashes fluttered, and Loy slowly opened his eyes. The dazzling white ceiling light made it hard to see anything clearly, but he could vaguely make out the silhouette in front of him. It was the little glutinous rice ball from his dream, who had now grown into a beautiful young woman.

"Yun Xu," Loy spoke, his voice a little hoarse.

Meeting each other's eyes again, Yun Xu's gaze seemed to have become more complicated. She opened her mouth, but in the end, she just spoke calmly, "You've been unconscious for three days. It's best not to be too eager to move. Previously, the abandoned planet was bombed, and you were seriously injured while protecting me. Fortunately, there was a problem with the enemy's missile launch, and the target was off, so we were able to survive. Now, you, me, and He Dao are together, and we still can't contact Li Wen's base. We don't know what the situation is over there. How do you feel?"

Listening to her long-winded explanation that seemed to be covering something up, Loy didn't immediately answer Yun Xu's question like he usually would. He first propped himself up in the medical cabin and looked around, before finally settling his gaze back on Yun Xu.

Yun Xu couldn't tell if it was her imagination, but she felt like the other person's gaze towards her had changed, and their aura seemed a little different.