1. Home (3)

Griffin & Kryuger PMC Headquarters Office

October 5, 2066. Moscow Standard Time PM 4:00

The office of the president of Griffin & Kryuger (commonly known as G&K) was kept simple.

There was a lot of wooden furniture throughout, and thanks to that, I heard a cozy feeling.

A sharp-looking man sitting at an antique desk in the center of the room had a serious face with his eyes fixed on the paper he was holding.

Since the runaway artificial intelligence of Sangvis Ferri (SF), which was popular in 2061, G&K has been taking high risks against SF.

There was a mysterious assassination case before that, but while hiring a large number of new commanders and nurturing talent, SF was defeated and the occupied area was slowly regained.

But about a year ago, catastrophic losses began to occur for G&K. The document the man was looking at was a report from the command of the t-doll unit.

[t-doll platoon attacking the SF base were annihilated.]

[SF t-doll platoon surprises the command center, destroys major facilities including the command center due to unknown weapons. commander KIA.]

[234 Command Post of Sector S02 lost contact. Resulting in the dispatch of a search party, all personnel from Command Post 234 are missing.]

The man sighed and leaned back in his chair.

All three were huge losses for G&K. In the first case, an elite unit made up of military dolls had been annihilated.

The body parts of military dolls were quite expensive, and some parts were prohibited for export.

It is fact that it will take a considerable amount of time for the troops to return to the front, and this will create a vacuum in that amount of power.

The other two were even worse. It was because the doll could be replenished, but the commander was not.

The three commanders in the report were high-level personnel from the regular army whom he personally scouted. they received considerable support from the company's point of view, but they were dead.

This has happened to him six times already this year alone.

"...Is it related to what happened six years ago?"

The man recalled an assassination case that wiped out G&K's high-end manpower six years ago. However, he soon rejected the hypothesis. This loss happened during the confrontation with SF.

The man got up from his seat thinking that he should come up with a countermeasure against this. Because he had a job to do. One of that was interview with newly applied commander candidates.

Of course, the current situation at G&K was not very good. This is because the more the area occupied by SF, the more the front line expands, and the burden on them increases as much.

To make matters worse, as bad rumors spread about G&K, the number of applicants drastically decreased even after the recruitment announcement was made.

A vicious cycle in which skilled manpower is consumed and the manpower to be supplemented is reduced. That was the reality G&K faced.

Now that it has reached this point, interviews are just a formality in which applicants are roughly identified and only those with really bad personalities are filtered out.

*****

- Knock Knock

The man put the papers he was holding into a file and put them in a drawer.

"Come in."

The door opened and a mature beauty with grayish black hair and monocle glasses entered.

"Mr. Kryuger, all the volunteers have arrived."

She handed a bunch of papers to a man called Kryuger. It was the result of a background investigation of applicants' self-introductions and where they worked before applying to this place.

"Good job Helian, then let them in one by one."

After she left, Kryuger prayed in his heart that all applicants would at least have normal personalities. And the applicant who will be conducting the first interview came in.

*

Trevor sat on the sofa in the empty waiting room and stared blankly up at the ceiling. His turn was last, and an hour had passed since the applicant in front of him left the interview, but he sat there without thinking.

Time was in abundance for him, and therefore an hour was nothing by his standards.

A pair of yellow eyes were watching Trevor.

Helianthus sat down on the sofa diagonally across from Trevor and watched him closely.

Trevor's face, which belonged to the handsome side with slightly brownish black hair, was expressionless throughout.

'A normal person would reveal even a little bit of irritation or displeasure... Is he patient? Or do he just have no idea?'

When her boss begged him to wait a little longer through her, the young man in front of her just nodded in silence.

'oh...'

Trevor gave her a faint smile, then turned her gaze back to the ceiling. In Helian's eyes, Trevor showed maturity befitting his age.

According to the data that investigated him, he is 28 years old this year. A young man who should have been full of confidence was sitting overly calm and cold.

He lost his parents to illness when he was young, grew up in an orphanage, and enlisted in the army at the age of 22.

Although he had little sociability, he began to stand out when he played a major role in repelling ELID.

After that, he was promoted quickly and was assigned to the Coastal Battery, one of the senior elite officer courses, but due to conflicts and disagreements with his superiors, he retired early, and after that, he moved from day job to job, then applied for G&K's tactical commander recruitment.

She wonder if Trevor has such eyes because he has lived a life with a lot of curves, just like the data, but an email from her boss came to her terminal.

[Prepare a vehicle and let him in.]

Trevor followed Helian into the office, where he could see Kruger wearing an overcoat.

Kryuger, who was all over his coat, said to Trevor, who felt a little puzzled.

"I was going to pass you without an interview. You're talented enough to take the elite officer course. I asked you to wait because I just wanted to talk to you."

Trevor readily agreed. There was nothing bad happen to him being close to the man who is the president and founder of G&K.

"I'll introduce you to some hidden restaurants in this city. It's quiet and the food they serve is good, so I tend to go there often."

After small talk, Sung-Woon and Kryuger left the company building. A large SUV was waiting in front of the building.

There was a tactical doll in the driver's seat of the vehicle, and Helian was riding in the passenger's seat. The SUV carrying them headed for the downtown area.