Chapter 4: Crime

*ELIJAH'S POV*

I'm reading in town square when i hear the sound of crying. I sit up and look around and see a little girl on the curb sitting alone sobbing.

That used to be me.

I don't know what to do. I slowly get up and walk towards her and bob down infront of her.

"What's wrong?" I grumble but i try to keep my voice soft, not successful. She looks up at me as tears stream down her cheeks.

"Where your parents?"

"At home."

"What are you doing out here alone?"

"My parents sent me to go get them beer."

Is she fucking serious? She's like five years old.

"And then I got lost." She sobs.

"Uhm uh shh. I-it's okay." I have no idea what to say or do.

I'm very uncomfortable.

I slowly pick her up off the ground and hold her on my hip. She wraps her arms around my neck sobbing into my shoulder.

I walk to the local police station and explain to them the situation. They take her from me and call child protection services.

As i leave i run into a body. Daisy. Does she just not look where she's going or something?

"Sorry." She brushes her hair of her face.

"Oh hi." She smiles. Her gaze lingers to the building behind me.

"Are you in trouble?"

"No."

"Why are you at the police station then?"

"I found a kid."

"Congratulations, your a father! I could give you parenting tips. Well i've never been a parent whatever."

"I'm not a father."

"That's a shame."

A smirk down at her as she blabs.

"Are you hungry?"

"Not particularly."

"You look hungry. Let's get food."

"No."

"I'll pay. Please, i'm bored."

"If i say yes will you stop asking?"

"Yes."

I walk next to her as she talks away. We walk into a local diner and take a seat in a booth opposite eachother.

"Hi, what can i get you." A waitress asks.

"I want pancakes and a hot chocolate and he'll have uh what do you want?"

Sweet and SaltyOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara