Chapter 22: Heartbreak

*DAISY'S POV*

I walk into school the next day, my hood up. I find Payton and she gives me a tight hug, i told her what happened yesturday after i left Elijah's.

I don't know how to prove to him that i love him. I know he's had a hard childhood, i know he thinks he can't be loved.

But he can. I love him.

I love his stupid smirk, his tiny smiles, his warm hugs, reassuring words, heartfelt kisses, our late-night talks, our banter, his little laughs. I love every bit about him.

"You okay?" She rubs my back.

"I will be."

"What are you going to do?"

"I need to prove to him that he can be loved and that he can love someone correctly."

"How?"

"I haven't figured that bit out yet."

The bell rings and we wander our way to class. I walk in and sit in my chair. Elijah isn't here.

Half way through the lesson the door opens Elijah's figure coming in. He has his hoodie up and his head down.

He looks up his eyes locking with mine. His face is red and puffy and eyes bloodshot. He's been crying, i've never seen him cry. He breaks gaze as he sits in his chair.

I bounce my legs anxiously trying not to look at him again.

I can feel him looking at me, as usual.

While the teacher is talking a chair slides out. I snap my head to Elijah as he walks out the classroom slamming the door behind him.

Collin and Jordan follow after him, ignoring the teachers yells.

"This is so stupid." I run my hands through my hair as uncontrollably shake, tears welling in my eyes.

I feel Payton rub my back up and down.

What did i do to deserve her?

"You'll figure it out."

"I know." I sniffle.

"Come on, let's go home." She grabs my hand pulling us up.

"Payton! Daisy!" The teacher yells.

Payton continues pulling me out the classroom. We get into her car and go back to my house.

We sit in my bed all day eating ice scream and watching sad romance movies. Bad idea.

She quickly checks her phone before getting out the bed.

"I got to go."

"Okay. Thank you."

She smiles as she goes downstairs to leave.

~~

I'm laying in bed later that night, my notebook in hand as i try to make a plan of what to do. My parents are out for the weekend thank god, i hate when they always ask me what's wrong and when i tell them they say im over reacting.

I hear my doorbell ring, and ring, and ring again. I get up and go downstairs and open up the door to see Elijah there, tears running down his cheeks. My eyes soften and tears fill my eyes as i look at him in this much pain.

He comes towards me and wraps his arms around my waist as he sobs into my shoulder.

"I'm so sorry." He cries.

"It's okay."

"No it's not."

He drops to his knees, his hands still on my waist as he cries into my stomach. He slowly starts to calm down as i rub my hands through his hair trying to comprehend what's going on.

"I love you." He looks up at me.

"I love you." I sniffle as tears roll down my cheeks.

"I don't know how to love you, i don't know how to be loved and i don't know how to do any of this. But i know i don't want this to be over. I've never felt this way before, darling and i just.. i just need you."

I slide onto the floor infront of him.

"I know you dont, but you've grown so much over the past couple months. I've never been with a guy, i've have never been inlove until you. I don't know either." I wipe his tears.

"I'm just so sorry i hurt you. I promised i wouldn't but i did."

"You didn't, i was upset of course but i knew your reasoning behind it all. I've learnt how that brain of yours works."

"I love you." He whispers kissing my tear.

"I love you." I kiss his.

"You know how i realised?" He pulls me onto his lap as we're still on the floor.

"How?"

"You saw me. Even when i was a total dick to you when we first met. You still talked to me. You were the sunshine i needed. The sunshine i always need."

I smile as he says so. A smile spreads on his lips, a real smile.

"You have the best smile ever."

"Not as amazing as yours." He kisses my left dimple, then my right, then he connects our lips. I slowly kiss him back.

I missed him.

"I missed you, beautiful." He whispers.
"I missed you."
He leaves soft kisses down my neck as he burries his face into it.

I get off his lap and he follows up the stairs behind me whilst he holds my waist band. We crawl into bed, he rests his head in my neck, our legs tangled as he holds my waist. I run my hands through his hair feeling comfortable with him.

"I love you, baby." He whispers before falling asleep.

" He whispers before falling asleep

Weeeeee