Chapter 8: Sob

*DAISY'S POV*

"Okay class, you have a whole lot of tests next week that go towards your final grade. I've given you two tests you will need to study for."

My body tenses, i have so many different subjects and work to do. Starting half way through the year does not make it any better. I look around the classroom knowing no one.

I begin clicking my pen as anxiety travels through my body.

"Daisy." My teacher snaps from infront of me. I look up at her.
"Hi."
"Can you stop clicking that pen? Your annoying everyone."
"Oh, i'm sorry."

She walks away and i look at the class as they are all looking at me. Goodness me.

I leave school for the day and go home to study. I study all day for days on end.

~~

I sit at my desk staring at the amount of work i haven't done that i need too. I don't understand any of it, at all. I haven't been to school in three days, i havnt even answered anyone's messages. I'm just empty at this point.

I hear my window open and i see Elijah climbing in.

"Where the hell have you been?" He grumbles as usual. I look at him tiredly. So happy to see him.

I stand up and wrap my arms around his neck and sob into his chest. His arms slowly wrap around my waist as his breath quickens. I cry into him never wanting to let go.

My knees give way and i slowly slide into the floor, Elijah sliding down with me as he holds me close to him. He pats my back awkwardly.

"I'm sorry. I know you don't like this, or you didn't ask for this. I should go." I stand up but he quickly pulls me back down, into his lap this time. He holds me closer to him.

He doesn't say a thing, just holding me. He rubs my back up and down. I slowly start to calm down, his smell and strong arms comforting me.

He's very built. All i can feel is muscle.

"What's wrong?" He asks as i'm silent now, calm. His voice is soft, softer than i've ever heard in my life.

"I'm just stressed."
"What about?"
"School."
"Do you want some help?"
I pull my head off his shoulder and look up at him.

"Really?"
He nods slowly.

We sit at my desk and he begins helping me with me work. He's actually very smart.

"Why do you not do well in your school? Your really clever."
"I think it's a waste of time."
"Then why did you spend all that time helping me?"
"To make you feel better." He tucks my hair behind my ear making me blush.

"Thanks, for everything."
"It's okay."

We sort of stare into eachothers eyes for a moment.

"My parents will be upstairs for bed soon. You should go."
"Okay." His tone goes back to normal.

"You'll be okay?" He looks at me as he sits on the window seal.