{tiny little filler because im working on the next chapter and im hoping to get it to 2000-3000 words!}
-
The night before seemed like some sort of dream, all of it so hazy. I almost believed that it was a dream, until I woke up in Serj's arms. His chest was pressed up against me, I could feel his even, slow breaths and his quick heartbeat.

His breathing was loud, but I paid no mind. There was nothing about him that bothered me.

"I like you. It's why I wanted to shotgun and whatever. Wanted an excuse to get close to you like that."

How did we ever get to the point where he was confessing? What if he woke up and changed his mind, decided that he did not in fact feel that way about me?

I was in such disbelief, still. I'd been so infatuated with him for almost a year, so sick with love. I couldn't fathom that he felt the same way. I wondered if he got that same lovesick feeling I got, that same feeling in my chest and stomach that I couldn't explain.

He stirred in his sleep, his eyes fluttering open but closing once more. He was somehow pretty even when he slept, and even better, the sun through the window shone at an angle that made his freckled olive skin and thick dark hair even more beautiful.

I started dozing off again, feeling comfortable in his arms, but I felt him move and it very quickly woke me up.

He gave me a hazy smile, leaning his head more towards mine. No words were needed.

I could feel Serj's breath on my lips and that made me want to close my eyes and lean into the warmth. I almost did, my eyes drooping at they flickered between Serj's eyes and his lips.

Our lips were brushing, almost. I wasn't sure what the next move was. I didn't want to be the one to
make it, because really, I wasn't sure how Serj was feeling now that the morning came. I had a small bubbling hope that his lips would meet mine.

Serj slowly closed the gap between us, the kiss slow and sweet. My lips burned, melding onto his. We separated only for a moment. I admired his scarlet painted cheeks, and without a second thought I reconnected our lips. Serj's hand moved from around my body to my cheek, to my neck, playing with the loose strands of my hair. I liked the feeling.

"You're so pretty, you know that?" His voice was hushed, hoarse since it was the morning.

Those words made my heart flutter, but somehow they made me scared, too.

He softly pressed his lips to mine, his stubble brushing up against my cheek, his eyes half-lidded. He was dozing off again.