The hot morning sun was annoyingly bright, too bright for my liking as the glowing rays peaked through the small gap between the dark fabric of the curtains and the large window, the light landing on my face and rudely awakening me from my otherwise peaceful sleep.

A heavy wave of fatigue washed over me, crushing my body as my weary eyes slowly fluttered open, squinting from the bright sunlight that disturbed my sleep. I let myself wake up, my heavy body barely able to remain awake as I craved to fall back into my sweet slumber.

The soft sheets were warm against my skin, the air surrounding me cool as the half-broken ceiling fan rapidly spun, an odd noise emitting. The screws were loose on the blades, making it spin at an uneven pace. It provided enough relief from the warm spring sun.

Large and somewhat muscled arms were wrapped around my body, holding me closely from behind, a shadow of warmth pressed against my back.

I'd fallen asleep in Serj's arms, getting a full nights sleep that was more refreshing than I'd had in a long while. It was probably the fact that I'd fallen asleep in the arms of someone whom I was, as much as it hurt to admit, in love with. Maybe love was too strong a word, being as I wasn't even in a relationship with this man, only recently finding that his feelings for me matched mine for him.

Serj's face was pressed into the back of my neck, his short stubble scratchy yet ticklish against my smooth skin. I ignored the way my heart swooned.

Images of the events from the day before flashed through my mind, providing a blanket of comfort, fondness. Although the memories were recent, they were already engrained in my mind, seeming so far away. It was all a heavy blur.

I felt Serj heavily exhale, his body slightly shifting, a quiet noise escaping his lips. I slightly turned so I could see him, checking to see if he was awake, and sure enough he was. His eyes were droopy, still adjusting to the daylight, slowly fluttering open. A hazy smile formed on his lips when he saw me.

The alarm clock on the bedside read 10:30, surprising me, as we'd both fallen asleep relatively early. After my call from Daron the previous day, I showered, smoked with Serj for an hour or so, ate whatever junk I had in my pantry, and went to bed, ending the somewhat eventful day. If you call smoking pot and having sex with the man you've loved for forever eventful.

It sounded weird to admit that in my mind.

"I'm gonna go have a smoke." I told Serj, slowly dragging myself out of the comfort of my bed, his arms falling off of my body.

"Mind if I join?"

"I'd prefer it."

We headed out to my patio, where I leaned over the railing and basked in the already hot weather. With summer approaching, the temperature was already in the 70-80 degree range.

I flipped open the carton of cigarettes which had been sitting on my kitchen counter and was upset to find that there was only one more cigarette left. I scowled and lit it, taking the longest drag possible, and holding it in my lungs.

"Menthol's worse for you, isn't it?" Serj read to label on the box, leaning to look at me, a stupid (attractive) smile across his stupid (pretty) face.

"Oh, shut up." I playfully slapped his shoulder, trying not to smile but ultimately giving in. He laughed back at me, coyly smiling.

"There's a party at Daron's tonight. You wanna go?" He asked me, his hand snaking from the ledge of the railing to my arm, to around my neck.