All I breathe (6) ~ Azriel ACOTAR

Eris found you walking back to your room, determination written on your features, he attempted to stop you to ask what had happened that you left the party but something must have told him not to because the moment you brushed past him he curled his back into himself and didn't say a word.

In your chambers, you ignored the Shadowy figure of a man and began to pick out the gear you were going to wear for your mission.

"Where were you?"

You opened the wardrobe's doors and ransacked the bag Azriel had said you were welcome to take from and opened your own bag, stuffing the clothes you chose and the knives you took.

"Y/n," He expected you to answer him but you weren't going to. It was what you always did with him and you were not up to arguing, even if you were he didn't deserve the words you had for him. "Talk to me, curse my name, shout at me if you want but please-"

"Why?" You dropped the bag you had in your lap as you crouched down and stood to face him. "Why do you beg for me now, Azriel? We were at each other's throats not two days ago."

He was silent, as he always was and it frustrated you.

"Since when do you care if I talk to you when all you have ever done is belittle me, berate me, tower over me to make me feel inferior to you from the moment you showed up on the ice in the Winter Court." You remind him of the day he saved you, Lucien, and Feyre, with Cassian. "You didn't care then as you do not care now, do not start now because you pity me, it is more of an insult than the words you've said to me in all our time together."

You gathered the bag from the floor and stomped your way to the washroom, swiftly getting dressed into the leathers gifted to you by Feyre when you started training. You strapped the dagger you stole into the hidden compartments of your suit.

When you walked out, Azriel had an incredulous look on his face. He wasn't expecting this clearly.

"Where are you going?"

"Beron wants a prisoner, I'm going to give him one," You secured the strings on your boots.

"I have told you that I will find the prisoner and hand him over to you for Beron," His jaw ticked. You were testing his patience now, this was the longest time he had lasted not saying something distasteful to you during a 'discussion' and you could tell staying quiet while you said all that you did was getting to him.

"Plans change," You crossed your arms. "As you've told me before, this is my Court, I shall do what I want in it."

"That is childish, you are going to get yourself killed."

"You are not my keeper, Shadowsinger."

"You are my mate-"

"Your mate," You laugh almost hysterically. "Tell me, mate, why is it that you didn't tell me that we share the bond?"

He had no response, you weren't going to deal with his arguments any longer. You started for the door about to turn the knob when he shout.

"Y/n, do not walk out that door!"

You whirled around to face him, fury in full display, marching up to him face-to-face not caring about the short distance between you, "You have no right to shout at me like that, I do not belong to you!"

"Please, don't leave," His voice softer now almost vulnerable. The proximity in which you were with him was compromising, his eyes flickered from your lips to your eyes and back again.

You turn away from him and step away, the heat between you becoming too much.

"You think I take pleasure arguing with you?" You felt him come up behind you, so close your back to his chest, "I wanted you to love me."

Your heart stopped, you were sure it did.

"But I hate you. I hate the way my name falls off your lips," His left-hand tickles yours, slowly whispering up your arm. "I hate that the same fire you wield so perfectly burns within me whenever you are near. I hate that the color of your hair and eyes are all I see, your voice is all I hear when the sun rises in the morning and the birds sing."

" My shadows crave your light," His lips brush against your ear as he speaks. Your heart flutters but you hold still, your back was leaning into his chest at this point. "Most of all I hate the way you consume my very being."

He smoothly twists your body so that your chest to chest now, his forehead meets yours, sharing the same air, "You are all I can ever think about, you are all that I breathe."

Your breath hitches as his palms caress your cheeks, pulling you in for a kiss. Your lips meet his and you felt your anger rushing away, you could feel the cold wind of his shadows swirling around you, willing you both closer as if it was even possible. Your hands travel from his waist, up his arms and shoulders to tangle your fingers in his hair.

He lifts you and your legs instinctively wrap around his hips, you felt the marble of the wall on your back.

You broke the kiss, "I love- I love you."

You kiss his lips once more before continuing, "Love might not even be a strong enough word for what I feel for you. No words can express enough what I feel for you and it's not the bond, despite everything, it's you. It's you. The passion I feel for you, good, and bad, none of it made sense; bond or not. All I know, all I will ever know is you."

His mouth is on yours before you know it, kissing you deeper than before, pouring every ounce of emotion into you. He detaches from your lips to your cheek, leaving a trail of kisses down to your neck. His body rolls into yours, you felt him against you and you gasped, he teased you through your clothes. Your arm that dangled over his shoulder, clawed at his shirt to remove it. With his wings, it made your job impossible so you settled for ripping it off of him.

He chuckled against your neck, halting his kisses. "Desperate, are we?"

"Shut up," You kissed him to stop his laughter.