CHAPTER 2

AFTER A FEW YEARS

Adhira's POV

I was holding back my laugh as Guruji was scolding bhrata Karn. For a second I felt pity for him but then again, I remembered what he did, and that pity was replaced with anger. 

FLASHBACK:

I was roaming in the nearby market looking for someone. "Kise dond rahi ho?"(Whom are you searching?) asked the person behind me. "You know right bhrata. Why are you asking me again?" I said irritated. "There is your prince charming" said bhrata Karn. I looked at where he pointed as found Dhruv who was coming towards us with a big smile. "Hi Dhruv. How are you?" I asked. "I'm fine. How are you both? It's been so long since we met." he asked. "We are fine" said bhrata Karn. "Yes, we missed you a lot" I said.

"Yeah. Adhi missed her favorite brother a lot" said bhrata Karn exaggerating the word 'a lot' while I glared at him. "Uh-She missed me? You?" Dhruv asked confused. "He meant-""Of course you! She couldn't stop how she would give you her handmade rakhi this Raksha Bandhan" said bhrata Karn cutting me off. One might be wondering why I am planning to kill bhrata Karn in my mind right now because I had this tiny winy crush on Dhruv. See he is a cutie, helpful and caring. But no bhrata Karn had to spoil everything. Sometimes I wonder if he is the same Karn who was shown is tv serials as strict but trust me he's a giant teddy bear. But sometimes can be annoying like now. So that's when I decided to take revenge on him. 

PRESENT:

I came back out of my la-la land when I heard guru mata calling us for lunch. I silently walked behind bhrata. "Sorry but not sorry" I whispered to him. "Same here. I don't want any male near you, so I did it" he whispered back. For once I was shocked, I always thought he liked pulling my leg, but he actually cared for me. It felt weird to know that someone cares for me when all my life I was alone. I just gave him a small smile as I didn't know how to answer his statement.

I still remember how these people took me in when I said I didn't have anyone and provided me shelter and love and cared for me. They gave me the feeling of belongingness and I swore that I will do anything to keep these people happy. When guruji asked me about myself I had to cook up a story which was partially true, I said that I was from out of Aryavart (which they already assumed maybe because of my dressing style) and said that my family was attacked by a group of thieves and my parents were killed (which was true) but I escaped. They were concerned about my safety and requested me to stay with them. Guruji even offered to train me in self-defense (only if they knew) and was surprised to see that I was pretty good in using the sword and in archery, I just said that I learnt them in my previous home which was true since I was and still am a health freak.

Despite all these I still want to meet Khana and go back I mean I'm definitely not supposed to be here and should probably go back as I have my own life there. Sometimes I wonder what if I can't go back? What will I do if I meet other important people? Will my presence effect the original plot? But I just push off all these thoughts and decided to focus on the present. 

After lunch we decided to have a combat with guruji as our referee. Me and bhrata took our swords and took our positions. We first bowed to each other a rule to respect your opponent also and stood in our positions. Soon we started circling each other waiting for the other to make a move. I finally decided to attack, and he blocked my advance with his sword. Soon we engaged into a rough combat, and it lasted for longer than usual. As we trained with each other we knew our strengths and weakness very well. 

After some time, I was tired and decided to end it. I cut upwards at him in a fast, reflexive attack. Then I cut again, down and across from his right should, aiming for his face. He was left off balance, and I cut again. I made my advances with slashing at him repeatedly not giving him a chance to regain his balance. I then made an attempt to take away his sword. I jabbed the hilt of my sword towards his chest, rounded his sword with mine and finally dismounted him. 

"Very well beta. You have improved a lot from the first time I've seen your swordsmanship, I'm impressed." guruji praised me. "And Karn I really like the way you tried to defend her but remember you will have to distract your opponent and gain balance and make your move quickly." guriji advised him. "Ji guruji" bhrata replied. "Now I want both of you to meet me under the Banyan tree. I need to discuss something important with you both." guruji said in a strict tone. 

"What did you do now?" both me and bhrata asked each other at the same time. "What made you think I did something bhrata?" I asked offended at the thought that I might cause some trouble. He gave me a look that said 'Shut up. You are the only troublemaker here.' "Ok fine but what do you think is the matter?" bhrata asked. "I don't know but know one thing and that is guruji is going to kill us if we get late" I said. "Yeah. Let's go" bhrata said shuddering thinking about guruji's wrath. 

What do you think Guru Parashuram wanted to talk about?

PLEASE VOTE🌟 AND COMMENT. THANK YOU FOR READING.