CHAPTER 3

Author's POV

Guru Parashuraam didn't want to ask guru dakshina from his students, no it was not because they were incapable, he knew if his students wished both of them could capture the entire Bharatvansh and present it to him, but it was because he got attached with them. Yes, he trained Bhishma and Drona but with Karna and Adhira it was completely different. 

He still remembers the day he met Karna like yesterday. A young boy of 10 years with a shy personality and how he came to him and asked him if he would be his guru. He remembers how Karna told him the truth about himself, and how he was interested in weaponry. He was impressed with the boy's honesty and decided to train him under him. It did take Karna a few months to get free with him and Dharani but once he did, oh god! how may white hairs he had to shed because of his mischief and pranks. But as time progressed, he and Dharani felt how parenthood feels and that was all because of Karna. 

And then there was Adhira. At first, she was very cold and reserved but Dharani's love and care melted her heart. And once she started trusting them, they realized that they would have to deal with another Karna. She became the apple of their eyes. Yes, she was strong and was able to protect herself, but she was broken from the inside. He remembers very well the turmoil of emotions he felt when she opened up to them. Guru Parashuraam felt like killing those people who dared hurt his daughter, but then felt proud when she told what she did to those people. 

As much as he would like for them to be here, he has to send them to see how the outside world is as time has come. And here he is waiting for both of his students whom he consider as his children to ask them for his guru dakshina. 'There both really like to make me wait and test my patience as they are coming slowly despite knowing that I hate people who are late.' thought Guru Parashuraam sighing. 

On the other side, Adhira was running behind a tiger whom she found attractive. "Adhu stop! We are getting late. And it is getting dark. We can search for it later" Karna yelled for what he felt like the 'n'th time. "You are no fun bhrata. Fine come let's go" Adhira whined and pouted. "Yeah. You will know what fun means when I tell guru mata about you small trip to catch tiger as if it is some rabbit." Karna said. "Noooooooo! You won't. Please bhrata. You are my favorite bhrata. You are amazing, awesome-" "Enough! I won't say, now stop with your praises" Karna said cutting her off. Soon they reached where their guru is waiting for them.

"Sorry guruji. We got late" said Adhira and Karna together holding their ears and making cute faces at their guruji. Guru Parashuraam rolled his eyes at their behaviour and came straight to the point which he wanted to say to them. "It's ok but now I want to talk about something important. I want my guru dakshina from you both." he said. Both of them were shocked, it was so unexpected, but they decided that they will do whatever their guruji will ask from them they will give that to him no matter what. "Adhira, I want you to help people in small villages and the tribal people who are under the danger of some rakshas and are neglected by their rulers and Karn you will deal with all the kings who follow adharma and save the people of the kingdoms and help those who suffered because of people's bad deeds. And most importantly, remember both of you, your identities should remain hidden during this time and you can reveal yourselves to the world only when I say so." Guru Parashuraam said.

"Ji guriji" both of them replied in unison. "Guruji when should we start?" asked Karna. "Tomorrow morning" replied Guru Parashuraam. "Now come let us go back to the aashram" he said. Soon they reached the aashram where Dharani was waiting for them with tears in her eyes. "Mata why are you crying?" asked a worried Karn. "Who made you cry mata tell me I'll kill that person" said Adhira angrily. "No one beta. It's just that I won't be able to see you guys from tomorrow" she said wiping her tears and smiling at her children. Listening to her everyone present there got emotional. They remembered all those memories they made in this place. 

Karn remembered how Dharani mata took care of him whenever he felt sick, how she used to support him infront of his guruji whenever he did any mischief. And his guruji, he was a paternal figure to him. How he used to scold him, how strict he used to be with him during his initial training days but how he used to make sure that he isn't harmed. And there comes Adhira, his Adhu, cute, silly sister but a strong fighter. He chuckled slightly remembering those days when he got scolding from guruji because of her pranks but his mata's face when she realized that there will be one more girl for her company was definitely worth all those scolding. Oh! how much he loved this family of his that he can give his life for them. 

Adhira was heartbroken. She didn't want to leave these people. She got a family after so long and got a sense of belonging here but what now? Will she ever find a place which she can call her home? At first, she couldn't believe how these people accepted her with open arms and also, she can't believe how close she had gotten to them in such a short span of time and how she could trust them with all her secrets. And now-a-days she started re-thinking her decision to go back. But now she had to give her guru dakshina. She didn't have much problem as helping those in need has always been her dream in Kaliyug and even now she is getting a chance, so she just decided to accept it. Also, she decided that she will go with the flow and see what fate has in store for her. She promised herself that no matter what happens from now she will visit her mata and pitashree whenever she is free.

Dharani's condition was no less. She felt how being a mother feels with these both kids. She was worried how they both are going to take care of themselves when they are alone because no matter how powerful warriors they are, they will still be her babies. She remembers how Karn used to cry to sleep for the first few days here as he missed his family, and how he used to sleep in her lap after a few days. Karn's naughtiness brought life to this aashram. And her Adhu, she has never seen such a strong girl till now. Her Adhu was not only strong physically but also mentally. She smiled remembering how much she had to convince Adhu to learn cooking and how her first experience in kitchen turned out. Ah! She is going to miss this a lot. 

"Mata who said that you won't be able to see us from tomorrow? I'm like your daughter mata, whenever you want to see me, you just need to order me, and I'll appear infront of your eyes. And I promise that I will visit you whenever I get time, though I'm not sure about bhrata. You know he's always busy impressing girls" said Adhira smiling at the end. Parashuraam and Dharani chuckled at her statement while Karn pouted. "Mata you know right those girls annoy me. I'll visit you guys for sure. And it is her who is busy looking at boys not me" Karna whined. "ME!? You idiot! Let me show you who is busy" Adhira said running behind Karn who already jumped behind his mata. "Mata save me from this rakshas" he pleaded. "Guruji look at him. Ask him to come out" Adhira complained to Parashuraam. "No one gets to trouble my child" said Dharani creasing Karn's cheek. Adhira gasped in shock and pouted while Karn was busy making faces at her. "And no one will tease my child" said Parashuraam side-hugging Adhira whereas Adhira made a victory face at Karn.  And after a second all four of them burst into laughter, happy for each other, for their family. 

"Ok fine. Now come inside and have your dinner. Karn and Adhu sleep early you will have to leave early tomorrow morning" said Dharani. "Aahh! I should get up early" said Adhira wiping her fake tears. "Yes, you should" Karn said smacking her at the back of her head. "Get lost" Adhira said. "No fighting" said Dharani and Parashuraam at the same time. "Ooohh. Loveee" said Adhira and Karn at the same time making Dharani blush and Parashuraam glare at them making the duo gulp in fear. "I'm hungry" announced Adhira running into the aashram, escaping from the situation. "Me too" said Karn running behind her. Whereas the couple smiled at their behavior and prayed to God to always keep them happy. 

Thank you for reading. PLEASE VOTE 🌟AND COMMENT.