CHAPTER 4

Adhira's POV

I smiled as I saw the happy faces of the villagers. They were troubles by the landlords and some rich people from the nearby town. Those b*stards were torturing the women of this small village and the people were helpless. Only God knows how much I controlled myself from going to their houses and killing those who disrespected women but, I had to come up with a plan to teach them a lesson as I can't afford to kill everyone. Some of the villagers came to thank me and gave me their blessings, at times like this I feel grateful for choosing to help them as I feel happy that at least there are some who are enjoying the happiness they deserve. 

It's been almost a year since we left Mahendragiri, and it feels like an eternity. Though we do write letters to each other I really miss being there. During this time, me and bhrata Karn wrote letters to each other frequently asking opinion on various things. And I kept tabs in the things going on in Hastinapur and got to know that the princes are going to come back in a few weeks. I sighed as I thought about the drama going to unfold. So, I decided that I'm going to meet Khana before those princes come back. And thus began my journey to Dwaraka. I made my journey plan in such a way that I stop in those villages which need my help, in a way completing two works at the same time. 

Next Morning:

Still one more day and I'll reach my destination. I groaned as I thought of the luxuries I had back in Kaliyug. It feels different of thinking of Kaliyug as if it is some other place. I sighed as I remembered all those flight trips, long drives I used to enjoy and now look at me walking to some unknown destination in an unfamiliar place. What an irony! 

"Why me?" I asked to no one in particular, tired of travelling for days. And that is when I heard a sound, it was coming closer. I quickly hid behind a tree and peeped to look towards the side from where the sound was coming from. It looks like horses running, I thought. Then I saw a chariot. 'Damn looks like some royalty' I thought looking at the delicate, beautiful designs. Suddenly I saw a snake slithering down from the tree, which I was using as a spot to hide. 

"AAAAHHHH" I screamed so loud that I doubted if I could talk without sore throat for a few days. And ran out to the path, unknowingly blocking the way of the chariot that was coming. I came out of my trance only when I heard the voice of a man. "Huh!?" I said looking at him confused. "Are you ok devi?" he asked. "Yeah. I'm fine." I said. "If you don't mind me asking devi, what are you doing alone in the forest?" he asked me. 'Who is he? He is handsome and definitely a royal no doubt. But who could it be?' I thought and decided to ask him. "Who are you?" I asked keeping up my guard. He looked amused at my question and said, "I asked you first devi. Shouldn't you answer the question?" he replied. "I'm a woman. Who knows you may kidnap? Or do something to me? I need to know who you are to protect myself." I retorted back. "Fair enough. But only if you tell me your name and what are you doing here" he said. "Ok" I said still unsure why am I feeling so comfortable around strangers and since when did I start making deals with them. 'I need help' I sighed.

"I'm Balarama, devi. Now will you please tell me about yourself?" he said with a charming smile. 'What! Could this man be joking. But then again not everyone goes around saying that they are The Great Haldar' "How can I believe you?" I asked. He looked as if I'm ridicules. "Fine if you want the proof, see that is the Dwarka flag on my chariot and this is the royal ring of Dwaraka" he said showing me the flag and the ring. 'Shit! I just doubted Sheshnag ji. Oh God! Wait- What if he can read minds? I should control my thoughts'. Realization hit me and I immediately I bent down to take his blessings. "Always stay strong and be happy" he blessed me, a weird blessing but then again who am I to question him.

"Pranam. I'm Adhira and I'm travelling to Dwarka to meet your brother Shri Krishna" I introduced myself. I decided to say the truth cause I'm pretty sure Khana already knows what is going on. "Oh! If you want, I can take you to the palace devi." Lord Balarama offered. "Uh- Ok" I said acting to hesitate a bit as it wouldn't exactly look good if I ran and sat in his chariot also, years of experience with Indian parents does that. "And also, Lord please call me Adhira as I'm younger than you" I said smiling a bit. "Ok then you can call me Dau" he said smiling as he helped me into the chariot. 

As soon as I sat on the soft cushions I felt as if I was in heaven. 'I miss my house' I sighed remembering my soft bed. "Why do you want to meet Khana, Adhira?" asked Dau. 'It feels strange to address someone as great as him as big brother' I thought. "I have to discuss something important with him" I said wondering if he knows about me or not. "I must say you did get adjusted pretty well, despite being out of this place" he said smiling mysteriously. 'So, he does know' I thought. "Yes, I know" Dau said. "And no, I didn't read your mind but the look on your face does say what you are thinking" he added making me mask my emotions. I made a mental note to keep up my guard. "Oh. So does Khana know too?" I decided to ask a stupid question. "Yes. Infact he was the one who sent me here to bring you to the palace." he said shocking me at the end.

"What? Seriously?" I asked unable to believe it. "He is very concerned for his sakhi" Dau said chuckling. We remained silent for the rest of the ride as I didn't know how to respond and hence didn't initiate any conversation despite having millions of questions in my mind. As soon as we crossed an arch Dau said "Welcome to Dwaraka, Heaven on Earth". As we entered the city I was amazed at the richness which was displayed, it was not only materialistic richness, but people here had cultural, traditional and spiritual richness. Just by looking at the faces of people one could say that they were leading a happy and a successful life and were happy with their ruler. 

And there was the royal palace in front of us. I imagined a lot of pictures of this magnificent palace, but nothing was close to the beauty of this palace after all legends did say that it was built by the greatest architect of all times- Vishwakarma. 

Suddenly I felt nervous when the realization hit me that in this palace there are many gods and one wrong move and I'm as good as dead. I took a deep breath to calm myself down a technique which I used in my childhood. It feels weird to be nervous as most of my life I spent making others nervous. As much as I was nervous, I was excited too to meet the royal family of Dwaraka. 'Here goes noting' I thought as I stepped down the chariot. 

THANK YOU FOR READING. PLEASE DO VOTE 🌟 AND COMMENT.