Persistent Rat

Silence.

Absolute silence.

"What are yous aying, Rampo? I'm pretty sure Dazai doesn't need surgery right now..."

The other nodded and reached out his hand, waiting for the doctor to give him the scalpel. Yasano furrowed her eyebrows, as if contemplating.

"Yasano-san, I know human autonomy. Trust me on this one. If it makes you feel better, you can stop me if needed."

The purple haired lady still hesitated before going into her side office, coming out soon after, with a scalpel in her hand. She slowly passed it to Rampo as if thinking whether she should or not.

The raven haired surprisingly quickly took it from her, bringing it to the still struggling brunette. Now, even Kunikida was getting nervous. He looked at Rampo, concerningly but the raven-haired payed no heed. He was gauging where to do the incision.

The ginger who was standing at the side, took a step forward, only to get stopped by Tanizaki who shook his head. Chuuya yanked his arm away from the other and glared. The teenager gulped as he took a few steps backwards, his sister who clung onto his arm followed so. The mafia executive's glare was enough to make people falter.

Chuuya continued walking forward. "With all due respect president, I will not follow that order." he walked forward, about to stop the raven haired but stopped when he saw the brunette's eyes widened.

His eyes did the same, as he wanted to check on Dazai but the younger's struggling suddenly stopped. Rampo cursed under his breath, quickly getting of the brunette, Kunikida following so.

Silence was replaced by ear piercing scream as the brunette's body curled up into a ball on the floor, his hands supporting his head in excruciating pain.

Everyone watched in shock as Rampo quickly started searching through his desk, Yasano and Chuuya quickly rushed to the brunette, trying their best to find a way to stop the supposingly intense pain.

"Nothing will work unless you get the chip out of his neck."

A voice came from the door, and everyone swiftly turned and gasped when they saw amethysts staring in amusement at the scene unfolding.

"What did you do Fyodor?" Chuuya asked, he enabled his ability, lifting a chair up, ready to throw it at the other.

"Just placed a chip at his neck. It spreads electric shocks and spread painful brainwaves to his whole body. Your smart detective almost got it but was too late."

Thw ginger gritted his teeth, not hesitating to throw the chair at the raven hair who dodged it with ease.

"Please stop it. He's going to die if you continue." Yasano exclaimed, seeing the tears and blood trickling down the brunette's cheek from his eyes.

"I will if he or anyone here gives me the book."

Everyone glanced at the ginger who's eyes widened. Everything he did was just for the book. Chuuya contemplated about his following actions before using his ability to retrieve the book, waving it at the other opposite him.

"The book's here now stop it."

Fyodor grinned as he commented, "I should've guessed he gave it to the person he trusted most." Fyodor clicked the button to disable the chip and the screams reduced to sobs. Yasano sighed in relief, seeing the brunette's eyes dart from Yasano to the others.

"Now give the book or he dies."

Fyodor pointed to the Dazai who was still curled up on the floor.

Chuuya bit his lip, stretching out his arm to the other to give the book to the other. The older was delighted at that, walking over to finally grab his long awaited book he has been finding for the past few years.