Sally x Amy

Sally couldn't help but cringe whenever Amy walked into the room. Not because of Amy herself but because of what she represented in her relation with Sonic. Both of the girls had gotten over (or in Sally's case were never actually interested) him. Which was good. But they never talked, never made mention of what happened between them. Ever. It was an unspoken rule between the two that they would not talk unless necessary. It seems Amy made that rule as she was the one who followed it the most. But Sally followed it too, to remove herself from Sonic. Amy and Sonic were still very close friends. While Sonic and Sally were more like business partners now.

                  But it shouldn't have mattered what their relationships with Sonic were. They should have their own relationship. So Sally broke that rule and asked Amy out to lunch. Amy agreed, probably thinking it was a normal lunch with other people. It was not. So imagine her surprise when they were the only two there. Sally waves to her as she looks around and then sits in the seat across from Sally. She looks perplexed. But maybe this is a mistake or a short lunch. That's a thing right? ...right? She sure hopes so. The two girls sit. While Amy eats, Sally looks at her. Amy notices her and Sally smiles at her. Amy gives her a confused look.

                    "So. Amy..."

                    "Why did you call me here?"

                    "... right to the point I see."

                    ".................................."

                    "Soooooooooooo?"

                    "Right! Sorry... I thought we should get together, we don't talk at all. So I just tho-"

                    "You know there's a reason for it..."

                    "We shouldn't define our relationship by him, you know that..."

                    "That's not the only thing..."

                    "There's another?"

                    "Well I thought it was obvious. Maybe it wasn't to you but....."

                    "...but?..."

                    "I have a crush on you?"

                    "..... was that a question?"

                    "No, sorry. It's just hard..."

                    "..... to admit you have a crush on me?"

                    "No....... It's just you know, him"

                    "Our relationship doesn't have to be defined by him."

                    "... look, I just wanted to get that off my chest, your probably-"

                    "I would say I like you too."

                    "....really?"

                    "Yup." She says popping the p.

                    "Was this a date?"

                    "It can be if you want it to be."

                    So they kept eating their meal until they were finished. A perfect date! ...Besides all the conflict that had to be resolved.