CHAPTER-5

"Halmeoni! See! " Yumi yelled at the older lady sitting near the river while running to her. The lady looked over to her with a grin but her expression changed into an amused one.

Yumi was swirling water in her hands while changing their shapes to her liking. She made a heart with the water and winked at her grandmother which made her chuckled.

"So... You are a water fairy too? I see." her grandmother exclaimed while she nodded vigorously. "It's the third time this year, right halmeoni? ” Yumi asked her mother while sitting beside her, dipping her feets into the river. " Yes, my dear.. " replied her grandmother.

Yumi was six and already the fairy of four potentials. First one was love which was previous year. After that, beauty and earth and now she is also the fairy of water. Her grandmother could sense her being familiar with royalty but more than that she was happy for her. She will be a well respected fairy as she has such amazing and good amount of potential.

Yumi closed her eyes, seeking some naps but her grandmother shaked her and shook her head. "Not here Yumi.." Go home and then sleep. I will be there till evening... I have to meet the fairy of rain to discuss our schedules. That's right. Her grandmother was a summer fairy and had to meet her best friend Seolgi, the rain fairy.

With a nod, she ran through the field of Lilies and Lavender, disappearing into the woods. Her home was down the hill and she lived with her three brothers. Her elder brother Mingyu was 11 and was the fairy of kindness. Rest of her brother who were also older still had their potential unknown but all of them had claimed their wings except Yumi.

"I am home! "  she shouted into the wooden cozy living room gaining her brothers attention who were playing sword fight while floating in the air. Hobi instantly landed on the floor and hugged his sister as if she was gone for days. " Welcome home! " He said...

"Oppa? " she chimmed cutely to all of them and they all looked at her. She giggled and ran into the bathroom while they all walked behind her getting that she wanted to show them something. And when she came out their eyes bulged out as if they saw something unbelievable. There again, Yn showed them her new potential and they all looked at each other.

"Do you see that oppa? How is it? " She asked while others looked at her with sadness in their eyes. " It's amazing sissi! " Jin said excitedly hiding his agony in his pupils while Yumi showed her biggest smile. She dropped the water on the floor and ran here and there jumping and celebrating her new achievement.

Jin looked at Mingyu who just came out of Yumi's room. "She slept.. " The older said that to other two while they left a sigh together. " Just, it's just.. " Jin said but couldn't finish it as Mingyu completes it for him, "should not be what we are thinking? Yes, I wish that too but let's wait for Halmeoni to come, she will tell us.. " All three nodded at each other and placed themselves on the couch waiting for their Grandmother.

Not a few minutes have passed when they heard a bobbing sound, something like soft knocks on their cottage's wooden door. Jin ran up to the door, opening it wide while Mingyu took the cotton bag she was holding in her hand. She giggled at their efforts and make herself comfortable on the couch before releasing a sigh.

" Grandma? " Hobi thought to start the conversation first when saw that other two were hesitating. "Yes, Hobi? " She called out to him sweetly and gestured to continue. " Grandma, about... Yumi-", grandma cut him off and said, " I know what you all are thinking. And I guess now you know that she has to go.. ".

" No! " They cried out in sinc and their eyes instantly turned glossy. "Aigo, I thought you all are bid boys but see, you are sulking and crying like a kid! "
She tried to cheer them up but they couldn't care less and broke into sobs. Grandma's expression too slowly fell when she looked at her lap silently. The cried echoed in the living room but stopped in seconds when they notice their grandmother being upset over their cries.

Hobi quickly wiped of his cheeks which were soaked in tears, controlling his sobs and sat unto her lap. " Sorry, grandma.. " A muffled voice came out of Mingyu but grandma gave them a small smile and patted the place beside her.

" I know, I know... It's hard. Afterall, she is your sister but then... she is the princess." "Princess? " Jin asked with a frown while grandma nodded and continued, " Yes, a princess... She is one. Only princess hold upto more then three potentials and now I guess, we found the queen's daughter.. ". They all looked at each other while the scene of them finding Yumi in the woods replayed in their mind. Grandma again said, " Now that we know her identity, she has to go back to the palace. Afterall, she has to be the queen! "." THE QUEEN!" they all said in sync. " Yes, the queen. And you don't have to worry about anything. Even though she is going back to palace. No one can change the fact that she is your sister. She will visit us almost everyday, hangout with you, and even join for sleepovers. I guarantee you that! " She said.

This send a sense of relief in their bones as their knuckles were sore since the thought of her leaving lingered in their mind. " Will the queen treat her right? " Mingyu asked all of a sudden. " You bet she will.. " replied grandma.

"Who will do what? ", comes a voice and they see Yumi entering in the room while rubbing her eyes. She picks a glass and swirls her hands arround it and the glass gets filled with water which she chucks down her throat. " Can she really do that?" Jin asked while Yumi simply nodded, not saying anything.

Instead of her grandma explained, " Yes, elements are hard to handle but being the fairy of element makes her create that certain element anywhere, anytime in whichever quantity but as she is new, she could hardly make the element appear out of the blue. She still can manage to pull off that little amount.

"Yumi, my dear? You have to live in palace now! And you will finally see your mother too.. " Grandma told her tried to make her happy which definitely worked. "Palace? ", her eyes shone with excitement and her cheeks went pinched red. " Yes! " replied Jin excitedly..

Yumi didn't say anything for 2 minutes. Seems like she was thinking something. And then she suddenly said, " Grandma? " she grabber her attention and then continued, " I wanna wear my pink frock tomorrow! Wash it please! " She chimmed while all the three laughed at her cuteness.