CHAPTER-10

Soon, the women was thrown accross a food stall, landing on the flaming barbeque set. "You bitch! " Yumi's growling was fearless roared in the open market. The lady was coughing blood while trying to stand and smirked like she didn't felt the unbearable pain.

"Whatever you do Siren, you very well know you never can be a fairy. You were never one! A blood of human had slit your wings, no wings means no fairy. A blood of human is a whore forever! " She said mockingly.

Yumi's POV

At this point, my anger couldn't be subsidized. I at once raised my hands, only to see the lady covered up with the roots of the nearest plant and eventually get chocked by it. Her painful cries was a sight of horror to watch when my eyes moved to the boy that was beside me. He looked scared. My heart clenched seeing him being afraid. How would I even explain him that I won't harm him when I myself has declared in front of him about his death.

I paced up with my speed moving away from the sight. At once, the ladies words hit me like a slap. Maybe she is right. Tears welled in my eyes and started slipping one by one. Panic rushed through me and I moved back and forth, calming myself.

It's when I felt being embraced in a familiar pair of muscular arms. My body felt ease but soon realisation hit me and I pushed him away. "Go back Jungkook. Go home, I will be there in few. " I said without looking at him.

Author's POV

He slowly wrapped his arms around her waist and held her chin up. "Why should we not go together, my fairy? " he chimmed sweetly at her making her shake her head vigorously and cry her heart out. "I am not a fairy, Jungkook. I should accept that what the lady say was true. I am not a fairy. I don't even have wings. "

Seeing her so miserable, he felt pain in his heart. He took her in his arms and made her sit on the grass near the lake. The lake had swans swimming in it and reflected the moon.

Desperately grasping her palm in his own, he cupped her cheeks from the other one. She tried to pull back but he refuse to let go and made her look at him.

"So you think you aren't a fairy? " he questioned to which she nodded and then he continued, " Strange! Cause I just now saw the fairy of earth pull up a daring act in front of numerous others. I see the fairy of beauty when I look in your eyes. I saw the fairy of vengeance when I saw you for the first time. When you look at me with those teary eyes that are full of love, how can you say that you are not the fairy of love?" he pinched her cheeks lightly, giving her a warm smile. "You are a fairy. Just a little broken and we fix it, won't we? " he asked with a hope glistening in his eyes.

She looked at his features. Wanting to be with him forever but scared to do so. Even if his gestures were so warm and welcoming, she was scared to repeat the mistake her mother had done in the past. She was unsure of how things would turn out but her heart was selfish on this moment. It wanted to go with the flow, to give all she got to the human standing in front of him. With a firm look lingering on her face, she gave him a stiff nod making him pass a cheeky smile to her.

"But" she interrupted with a slow voice, "she was partially right. Wings are the symbol of being a fairy and I don't have it.. " she said in tiny while looking down but looked up when she heard, "who said? " he questioned, coming dangerously closure to her. She arched back to maintain distance but he jerked her forward by grabbing her tiny waist. "Here are your wings! " she was confused until he told her to follow his gaze which she did. Looking down she saw their pendants connected together, making a heart and a pair of wings.

Instantly looking up, she felt him pressing his lips on hers, involving her in a sweet kiss that she totally didn't planned to happen. Holding his face in her hands, she tried to follow his lead, not knowing what to do as it was so sudden.

He was harsh. Not too harsh that gives her discomfort but still enough for her to lack behind. Moving back, just a little more than an inch he asked, "Liked your new wings? " to which she nodded and pulled his coller once again, asking for more.

After that kiss, both were a little too awkward around each other. They were walking home together, their cheeks were still flushed red. Yumi couldn't believe of how much flustered she was with just a kiss with the man beside her.

Their hand slightly brushed, sending sparks of desire in both of their hearts. It happened once, twice, thrice and finally he took her hands in his and intertwined their fingers together.

"So" she cleared her throat and spoke to break the uneasy silence. "Umm... Tell me about you.. before you came here. How was your life? " she tried making move to talk and he answered right back, even though he was a little too much shy than required.

"It was good. I have my parents. My father lives in Canada for business purpose while me and my mother live in Busan. My mother also works as a receptionist in Spark Light Hotel. She likes to pay her own bills, maybe because of the unstable relationship that my parents share. I have four bunch of crooks in the name of friends. Jimin, Taehyung, Yoongi Hyung and Amber. Th-" she cut him off "Amber... is a girl, right? " and he just nodded. She too nodded and let him continue burying the insecure feeling in her chest.

"Yumi... I.. I.. will be honest. I liked Amber...