prologue

(𝐌/𝐍) 𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐀𝐓𝐀 first experienced volleyball at the age of 4. His father loved soccer, but his mom loved volleyball. So, being the mama boy he is, he decided to take on that profession.

The only thing though was his height.

He was a short boy and many people scoffed at him. Deeming him as someone who could never be the best in volleyball, as it was mostly played by tall men/women. How else were you supposed to reach the net otherwise? (Most thought)

All of this made (M/n) want to play the sport for a different reason now. Not because it was what his mother wanted. No, it was to prove to everybody that height doesn't matter, as long as you have skill.

His role model as a little kid was the Tiny Giant. Like (M/n), he was a short boy and many laughed at him. But he shut them up quickly with his powerful techniques and amazing skills.

That's who (M/n) wanted to be when he grew up.

And that's what he did!

After he applied to go to Karasuno High, the same school as the Tiny Giant, and joined the same volleyball team as him, he worked his ass off.

He trained like there was no tomorrow. And he had a bunch of people that helped along the way. Whether they were friends or enemies.

One thing (M/n) was good at was copying people. And I don't mean off of a test. I mean, off of how they play.

After a while, people started noticing him; started calling him the next Tiny Giant. This escalated even further when his team won Nationals.

He loved proving people wrong and hated when they underestimated him. And with this big win, he felt thrilled. Like he was on top of the volleyball world.

But,

He got bored.

He didn't know how it happened. He just did. And now he's eager to find something new and better to challenge the world with.

Currently, he's was walking home from volleyball practice with his best friend, Tobio Kageyama.

In all honesty, the dude didn't like (M/n) at first, but slowly he began to tolerate him and began to enjoy playing volleyball with the kid, as he made it more exciting for him.

Kageyama and (M/n) stayed competitive with each other. Whether it would be, racing to see who could score as many points as possible or who could chug a thing of water the fastest.

Some people would look at them and claim that they absolutely despised each other, but in reality, they just enjoyed teasing and having good competition.

As the two boys were walking, the shorter male heard a lot of thuds and intense panting(not them kind of noises-). Spinning his head to the side, what (M/n) saw made his eyes sparkle.

"Oi, Kageyama!" (M/n) nudged his friend's shoulder. Kageyama sighed in response, lightly glaring at him. "What now, boke?"

"Look over there!" He pointed. Kageyama followed the direction of his finger and saw two guys on a field playing soccer. "Ok, and?" Kageyama deadpanned, rolling his eyes indicating he didn't care.

"I-- Doesn't it look fun?! I mean, the way they effortlessly kick the ball with their feet and control it to where they want it to go and...I want to try."

Kageyama almost laughed at his friend. "As if they'll let you--" He stopped though when he saw that (M/n) was already running over to them. An irk began to grow on his face as he yelled, "BOKE, GET BACK HERE!"