second selection iii.

𝐄𝐆𝐎 𝐄𝐗𝐏𝐋𝐀𝐈𝐍𝐄𝐃 everything they needed to know for the second selection, the whole thing making (M/n) more and more pumped for it

"That's it for the explanation. Warm up freely. Those who feel ready, move through the gate alone."

(M/n)'s face paled. The same could be said about Reo and even Nagi.

"We have to split?" (M/n) croaked, not liking the idea. "W-What if I don't make it?"

Reo cleared his throat before touching (M/n)'s shoulder. "You'll make it, okay? And once you do, Nagi and I will be there too and we can regroup again. How does that sound, hm?"

The softness in his voice almost made (M/n) cry. Almost.

"Okay..."

"The first stage is an 'individual' battle. Once you've entered, you can't return. If you don't advance to the second stage, you'd best assume that you'll never meet your rivals beside you again."

(M/n) gulped, his mind was in a state of nervousness with a hint of excitement.

"Of course, the second selection will be much harder than the first. No matter how well you've done so far, if you can't get past this, then you're simply just no good. Those of you who just lucked out with strong teammates and managed to survive, get ready. The second selection will thin out that trash, and only true 'egoists' will remain."

"I wish you all good luck..." He said, staring straight at (M/n) as he spoke, causing the latter to shiver.

As soon as Ego disappeared, he instantly turned back to Reo and Nagi. "I guess we have to separate now..."

"What a hassle."

"Are you gonna warm up, (M/n)?"

"Nah, don't really need t-"

A loud bang interrupted him and all heads snapped in the direction of the noise. Two balls were sent colliding into each other and a person spoke up.

"Open it. I'm done warming up." They said and walked out the door, their chibi profile and name glowing up on the screen above.

(M/n)'s eyes widened in happiness. It was Rin. All he had to do was pass this individual task. Easy.

"Yeah, I got this! Whatever it is, I'll breeze through it." The short male state confidently.

"Oh? I'm liking this attitude~" Reo smiled. "I guess I'll go next."

"Uh, no way." (M/n) stuck his tongue out. "I'm going next."

"I should go next to get it over with." Nagi sighed, running his hands through his hair.

"Let's play rock, paper, scissors then to see who goes next!" (M/n) suggested.

"Huh? No way am I playing tha- Oh, I won."

"Curse you, Nagi."