childhood

𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐆 (𝐌/𝐍) was on the side, watching his two friends that he's known since birth play soccer. The two boys, who unknowingly started developing a small crush on (M/n), wanted to impress him badly.

They were overworking themselves and were getting tired as they were just young children, all in hopes of getting praised by their favorite person in the world, (M/n) Hinata.

After they had both finished playing they immediately ran up to (M/n).

"(N/n), did you see me?! I was good, right!"

"Tch, I was way better, right (N/n)?"

"I think you both were good! I'm impressed!" (M/n) said, giving them both a small head pat.

"Yeah..But if you had to pick who was the best between me and nii-san, you would pick me, right?"

"Eh?! No way, he would pick you!"

(M/n) could sense that a fight would break out soon, so he was quick to intervene. "I'm not going to pick because I believe you both are equally amazing. You guys should just continue practicing hard and I'm positive you both will become the best in the world!" He put his thumb out and smiled softly.

Just this simple gesture seemed to warm the two boys heart. (M/n) was someone they loved deeply and didn't want to let go. He was their comfort and best friend, always boosting up their confidence and was there to encourage them. Yes, they didn't want to let (M/n) go. Ever. They were going to keep him by their side until the day they die.

Well, that was the plan. But the next day, (M/n), out of no where, moved away to a different area.

The two boys were left heartbroken. They didn't realize how much they loved (M/n) until he left.

They cried and cried for a solid week. They tried to find (M/n) again, find out where he lived now and stuff like that, but they couldn't find a thing.

So, they gave up.

They gave up and put their focus on nothing but soccer, to become the world's greatest striker. And hopefully one day, (M/n) would return to them.

What were the names of these two? Well, none other than Itoshi Sae and Rin of course.

══════════════《 ⚽ 》══════════════

        𝐈𝐓𝐎𝐒𝐇𝐈 𝐑𝐈𝐍 was mindlessly minding his own business while walking through the park. He bought a few things from the store and decided to take a shortcut to get to his house, since it was getting pretty late.

Rin walked past a soccer field, not taking much notice of the guys that were playing on the field, as he did not care.

That was until, he heard a very feint, but very familiar tiny voice yell 'score!'

He snapped his head in the direction of the voice, almost giving himself whiplash in the process. He couldn't help to wonder though, was it (M/n)? His (M/n) that he's missed for years?

And sure enough, when he caught sight of the (h/c) fluffy hair that blew in the wind, beautiful (e/c) eyes, and an adorable little smile to top it off, he just knew it was his (M/n).

In all honesty, he really wanted to run up to (M/n) and give him a big hug. But since there were people there with him, he did not. If he wanted to be with (M/n) it had to be in private. Hence, the reason why Rin is now following him.

(M/n) was with another guy Rin found out to be some dude called Kageyama. He seemed close to (M/n), Rin took note.

'But I'm more closer.' He thought to himself, not liking this Kageyama guy already.

Rin watched as Kageyama walked (M/n) all the way to his house. Rin took a mental note of the address. He did not want to lose (M/n) again.

When Kageyama left, Rin watched (M/n) walk into his house. He was contemplating for a while if he should sneak into (M/n)'s room or knock on the door like a normal person.

He decided on the latter option, but that's when he hear (M/n) coming outside. You could say Rin panicked a bit and dove into a nearby bush.

He groaned in pain as the bush was in had a few thorns, but he was quick to ignore the pain when he saw (M/n) actually playing soccer. The same (M/n) that said he would never play soccer as a kid is playing it right now.

Rin stared at (M/n) for a good minute before he finally decided to get out of the bush. He moved a bit to fully get out, but stopped in his tracks because what he saw made his eyes pop out of their socket.

A boy was holding (M/n) arms wrapped around his waist, and a blush was evident on his cheeks. They started talking but Rin wasn't paying attention to any of what they were saying.

He hated how the boy made (M/n) fluster so easily and he hated how close he was with him. For so long, Rin wanted to hold (M/n) just like that, but he couldn't and now he can't help but feel rage inside him.

Rin continued to glare at the two boys who were now playing soccer with each other. Something Rin never got to experience with (M/n) ever, since he spent his time playing volleyball.

Rin could tell by the look in the taller boy's eyes that he liked- no loved (M/n). And this upset him dearly. He couldn't just stand there and watch his crush be with another boy! He just had to wait until this unknown boy left (M/n), then he would reveal himself..

══════════════《 ⚽ 》══════════════

        𝐀𝐃𝐃𝐈𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐀𝐋 𝐓𝐈𝐌𝐄! "Ne, nii-san! When is (N/n) supposed to be coming over?!" Young Rin asked his older brother Sae. The older shrugged as he played random games on his phone. "In a second, Rin. Be patient."

"Hmph." Rin huffed in annoyance, eager to show (M/n) the new soccer moves he learned. After a while of waiting, (M/n) finally arrived and both boys started clinging to him almost immediately.

Rin was the same height as (M/n) at the time, so it was much more easier to hug him. He pulled him as close as he possibly could while Sae glared a bit.

"Oi, stop hogging (N/n), Rin." He tries prying Rin off of (M/n), but fails miserably as it seems that the boy had a tough grip on him. "Never! He's mine!" Rin exclaimed.

(M/n) just stood there awkwardly hugging Rin back as he giggled a bit. "Rin, it's not fair if you only hug me, you know."

Sae secretly smirked in Rin's direction as he tugged on (M/n), this time successfully pulling him away from his younger brother.

Rin whined as he watched Sae pet (M/n)'s hair affectionately. Wanting to get (M/n)'s attention back to him, Rin said, "Hey (N/n), let me show you my cool tricks I learned today!" He then grabbed (M/n)'s hand, leaving Sae behind.

"Hey! Remember who taught you those tricks in the first place!" Sae ran after the two boys, an irk forming on his face as his younger brother stole (M/n) from him. "Get back here!"

NEXT CHAPTER: REUNION

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

what is this stalking behavior tho-