Chapter 21: Sleepless.

Evelyn

"Evelyn, honey." I felt smooth hands stroking my cheek and then that sweet smell invaded my body again.

"No." I muttered, unconsciously pulling myself further into her. I felt a ripple in her chest as she chuckled. It sent shivers down my spine.

I knew I had to wake up. I just didn't want this moment to end. As much as I didn't want to admit it, I wanted this to be a regular occurrence. Waking up in Natalia Cohen's arms was like a dream that you never want to wake up from.

"As much as I want to continue this, you have to deal with some things back home." I stared up at her with a frown.

Why did she have to ruin the moment?

She's not wrong. The voice in my head whispered and I sighed.

Before I knew it we where inside a limousine and on our way back to my house. The sickness rose in my throat and I silently bit my lip as we drove through the streets I have come to know.

I could feel Natalia's eyes on me and I looked up.

How could she look at me with those beautiful, intense eyes of hers when she has brought chaos into my life ever since she arrived.

"River looks exactly like you, you know." Why did I say that? Why did I just have to mention River.

It slipped out before I could stop it and Natalia sighed. "I know, honey. The charmingly good looks, the jawline to kill-" she stopped when I giggled and lifted my head off her.

"Your ego is the biggest I've ever seen." Her eyes seemed to smother me every time I looked into them. The lightest brown I had ever seen that never seemed to leave my mine. I had noticed that in front of everybody else they were so dark, so dull and uninterested in everything but with me they were so- full of life. I loved it.

"I love your eyes." See (no pun intended). They seemed to make me say things I would usually never say.

"Stop feeding my ego or it might become even bigger." My lips twitched into a smile once again. "Not as pretty as yours Miss Bloom." My head tilted to the side.

"They're just blue." I spoke and she shook her head.

"Oh if you knew how I seen you." It seemed to come out as a whisper, as if the words fell out of her mouth before she could stop it.

"You need to go inside before I tell Edward to drive us to my place." That ache for her returned but I shut it down as quickly as I could.

I gulped. "Promise me you will mend everything with River." My eyes narrowed with seriousness and she seemed to challenge me.

"I promise you Evelyn. Who do you think made the meeting happen? He wasn't going to tell her unless-" my eyebrows furrowed.

"Unless?" Did I want to know the answer?

"Unless I threatened him." She stated with a triumph smirk.

"How?" I wondered.

"You underestimate me, Miss Bloom. Me and him have been battling ever since he took River away from me, and I made a promise to myself to build an empire that could ruin him." She smirked. "And I did it." I looked back at her, surprised that she would share information with me about the past. I never knew anything about Natalia Cohen before the power, the fame and the money.

I would love to see what she was like before it.

"I forget how powerful you are." She smiled deviously.

"Oh really, maybe I'll have to show you Miss Bloom." My lips went dry.

I tried to speak firmly as I stated, "I don't want you to show anything, I want you to fix your relationship with River before we speak about- this." I pointed back and forth to the both of us.