Chapter 1: Don't Say That Word!

THIRD PERSON'S POV
"One day I'm going to say no to you!" Evelyn huffed in annoyance, watching her best friend from below as she dared her way to the roof. River only chuckled, taking a look at her disapproving face before continuing to climb.

"Ev, we both know you never will." The shorter one didn't respond, knowing that the brunette was right. Anything stupid River ever came up with, her best friend was always involved whether it was chasing her away from the aftermath that she had caused or scolding her for doing what she had done (which was usually both).

"We're going to get caught!" Evelyn hissed as she heard people meters away, her heart rate picked up at the thought of being arrested. She'd heard that the metal handcuffs hurt and being restrained would cause some bruises and-

"Oh fuck off!" River hissed to which Evelyn instantly snapped back to reality.

"Don't say that word!"

The brunette finally stopped climbing and looked down at her best friend. "Ev, everybody says that word."

"I don't." She muttered which River instantly snorted.

"Because your sweet as hell Ev. It's why I love you." Her best friend grinned before turning back to push her leg over the bricks, not realising how high she would actually have to lift her leg and almost lost her balance. Evelyn gasped at the sound of her foot snapping across the tiled bricks before steadying.

"Are you okay Riv?" The blonde rushed through her lips which she instantly replied, "I'm fine! Little miscalculation but I handled it." Evelyn sighed but didn't speak.

"Why are you doing this again?" She whispered.

"I just heard," River huffed as she tried but failed pulling herself up. "That my bitch of a birth mother is back in town and is in this building." Evelyn suddenly stood up straight from her slouched position, her soft, plumped lips parted in surprised as she blurted out, "YOUR JOKING!"

"Shhhhh." River glared and Evelyn muttered a 'sorry' in response.

"Riv, do you realise what this means? Your-Your birth mother is here!" Evelyn danced around.

"This is why I didn't tell you! There's nothing to dance about Evelyn, she's dead to me." The blonde stopped dancing with a sigh, although she had never met River's mother from what she heard the woman was definitely harsh on both her daughter and her ex-husband.

From what Evelyn heard from her best friend her mother was always loving and devoted, she spent as much time as possible with her but the one thing she never done was show affection to her husband. River thought the problem of their relationship was how her mother was distant with her father. When she left River begged and begged to go with her but her mother told her her father wouldn't let her.

Now, she's more than happy with her step-mom and doesn't even question her father about there mother like she used to as a child; even if she did she wouldn't get a response anyway.

"So why are we here?"

"To at least throw something at her from above here." Evelyn rolled her eyes.

"Absolutely not River Knowles! Get down right now, we are going-"

"Hey!" A light suddenly flashed bright at Rivers body that was now near the window and was spotting out her mother however she couldn't see the woman in sight. Although she hadn't seen her in almost six years she could definitely spot the glitter and gold that's probably covering her mothers body. She always loved to show off what was hers.

"Shit! I was so close." She muttered before throwing herself off the room just as she watched security from all different places around the flashy party run to restrain her.