First Time .... Sad days

"Papaaaa" viren jumped at the sudden scream coming from the bathroom, he ran there and was shocked by the sight.

Vihu was standing there with shaving foam smeared messily on his face while the side of his chin had a slight shade of red which means that he definitely got himself injured while "trying to" shave.

Viren knew he had a disaster to deal with, looking at the teary doe eyes vihu was looking at him with, he knew all hell will break loose today.

"Vihu baby, what are you doing?" He asked gently knowing soon the water work will start.

" mm.. I .. mm ..wanted to... mm.. shave.. like .. you.. and..and ..bhaiyu" vihu said fidgeting and sniffling.

Viren went to him and took a towel and started wiping his face gently avoiding questioning him and trying his best to keep the situation under control.

"Ahhh papa" yelled vihu as viren wiped his chin where he got a cut, his eyes immediately went teary again. Viren just gently patted his cheek " it's ok baby it's almost over" he assured.

Once done wiping, viren guided him to his room and took out some alcohol to use on his injury, it wasn't that deep but it was a cut and the skin around it was peeling and a bit swollen.

He treated it gently, while distracting vihu by giving him his phone, after applying the bandage, viren said smiling " it's done baby" vihu touched his chin curiously and his eyes welled up but he didn't cry he crawled towards viren and sat on his lap hugging him.

Viren rubbed his back sighing " why is my vihu sad?" He asked gently.

"Papa woh, I wanted to shave like you and bhaiyu but but I hurt my self .. I was scared" he said meekly holding viren's fingers

"It's your first time baby, you should have told papa na?" He scolded him but not in a harsh way but vihu was emotionally vulnerable today he broke down crying.

Viren sighed bringing him closer to his chest and rocking him gently "I'm sorry baby shh"

" I wanted to be big .. I wanted to do it by myself." He sobbed

" baby, everyone need help on the first time" viren said wiping his tears,

"Even you and bhaiyu?" Vihu asked sniffing and looking at viren with teary doe eyes.

"Off course, you remember akku's first time?" Viren asked and vihu shook his head.
"I'll tell you" he said and vihu cuddled a bit more, he loves story time, it's his favourite.

Viren started"well. Akku had it really bad on his first time, he ended up with lots of cuts and a rash and I had to help in in the next few times he shaved "

Vihu was looking at him amazed and surprised "and you? " he asked.

"I remember my uncle helping me for the first time and he taught me so many hacks." Viren said and vihu just snuggled in his arms.
"You don't have that much facial hair yet may be we can wait for few more weeks" he added and vihu just shook his head.

"I want to shave now please papa look I have a moustache now" vihu said showing him his slight moustache.

"Ok baby maybe in two days when your cut heals" viren said and took him to the kitchen for an evening snack.

_______

Viren was lying on the bed and as usual vihu was sleeping soundly beside him.

He smiled caressing his hair, they have came a long way. It was really difficult to even live after his wife, he never thought he would smile again he thought he lost everything, he was so deep in his mourning that he forgot his responsibilities towards his kids.

FLASHBACK..
it was few months after ashuma's demise and the boys' spirit was at its lowest especially akku, a 17 year old, he was always a mumma's boy, after her demise he closed off and spent most of his time in his room crying but he never told viren but he was scared that if he loved his papa so much he would also leave him.

Viren was quietly observing his boys, he was also mourning but he knew the boys needed a happier atmosphere specially akku he barely talked with him, his hygiene was affected and his school performance was also. With vihu he could keep up and tell him what to do and make sure it's done but akku was keeping his distance, at first he thought to give him time and space but turned out he can't take care of himself.

It was a Saturday night vihu was asleep in viren's room while he was reading a book, that was when he heard some voices coming from akaash's room he immediately went there and the sight broke his heart, akkku was curled into a ball while crying his heart out, he was sobbing and rubbing his eyes.

Viren's eyes teared up while watching the sight of his precious baby breaking down.

He immediately went to the bed where akaash was lying and crying and took him in his arms which startled him but when he recognised his papa, he cried even more.

"Shhh papa is here everything will be ok" he whispered gently rocking him.

"I want my mumma back" he sobbed " tell her to come back please I miss her so much" viren's heart twisted painfully listening to this.

"Please baby if you keep crying then, imagine how sad mumma would be, she never wanted any of us sad, she was an angel, she always wanted our happiness" he said and akku just sniffled lying on his chest.

He was missing his mother terribly, their home never felt the same anymore, they no more cooked, his papa was always busy, everyone around him looked at them in a weird pitiful way, it made him feel extremely uncomfortable, his mumma used to take care of everything.

"Will we be happy again? " akku asked him, so scared, so broken, so unsure and so vulnerable.

Viren's own eyes teared up, he pressed his boy against his chest and let his tears fall.

That night, he made an unspoken promise to do everything in his will to keep his kids happy and healthy, to try and lessen the void his late wife left behind.

He promised to give them back their happy home.

~~~~~
I think this wasn't up to the mark but I tried , hope you liked it.
If you did please let me know in the comment 🩷