011- First Term Final Exams

"Hey, you guys are gonna help me out, right?" I asked desperately, skimming through a book while walking to Shichiro's house.

"I'll do my best!" Shichiro replied.

"Hmph." Kalego huffed.

"Eheh.. I knew I could count on you, Shichiro!!~" I said, linking our arms together.

"Ughh.. flirt......... somewhere.... else..." Kalego grumbled, his voice almost inaudible.

I also linked his arms with mine since I was in the middle.
"Come on guys! Let's do this!! The exams are in 2 weeks!"

-☆-
"UGGGGHH I CAN'T DO THIS! I'LL JUST FAIL OR SOMETHING!" I screamed out.

"N-No, you're almost done with the mid devil century of torture devices!" Shichiro said, shoving the out towards me.

"I forgot half of what you said." I groaned.

Kalego groaned, "Oi. You can't fail now, you'll get a rank down." He said, "And you're currently rank 1. Guess what's under 1? 0." He deadpanned.

"Waahhhh.... It only there was an easier wayyyy..." I mumbled, putting my head against the table as I closed my eyes and sighed.

"U-Uh.. Kurai?" Shichiro asked, reaching for a picture book, "Uhh.. Try this... I made this a few days ago, so that.. it'll be easier to understand..."

My head rose up and I took the book as I smiled, "A picture book! Something I can understand!!"

Kalego rolled his eyes, "The only things you can understand are things that don't have words? Wow.. How'd you even get accepted, you idiot." He said, sighing.

I stuck my tongue out at him as I looked through the book, "I see.. Ohh! That was the part I was confused about..! Shichiro, you're super talented at this!" I said, giving him a thumbs up.

He blushed heavily, "T-Thanks..! Ahah..." He stuttered out, fidgeting with his fingers as he looked away with a proud but small smile.

After a few more hours, we finally finished.

"Thank you, both of you!! I feel like I'm super prepared for next weeks final exams!!!" I said, raising my arms up in the air in celebration as I stretched.

Kalego sighed, "Don't even imagine how much I'll make fun of you if you fail." He said.
If that was translated from Kalego speech to normal human speech, it would be: 'Do good on the test, okay?'

Shichiro only nodded in acknowledgement, "Thanks for.. finding my picture books interesting and helpful.." He said with a slight giggle.

I smiled brightly at him, "Of course I thought it was interesting!! It explained so much with just a picture! You're super duper talented!" I said with a smile.

Shichiro only blushed softly, "Haha.. thanks." He said, smiling like an idiot secretly under his mask.

-☆-
After the exam time ended, I groaned out as I clung onto Shichiro's arm, "Ahhh... I'm so nervous for the results!! It's going to be posted on the board, too!!" I huffed, sulking.

"Don't be so anxious, Kurai. I'm sure you did well." He said in a friendly tone as Kalego walked beside us.

Kalego rolled his eyes, "I'm thirsty. Let's go to the vending machines." He said as all 3 of us walked to the drink selling station.

We got our drinks, but before we could go, there was a board posted right beside the vending machines that had all the test scores. How fast did they grade those scores.... We peeked at it.

"S-Shichiro got first... Kalego got 4th...! Congratulations, guys!" I said with a smile as I went down the ranks, trying to search for my name.

The list only went down to the top 50, so you couldn't even see your score if you didn't make it.
But there I saw it.

"Kurai! You made it! 50th place!" Shichiro said, clapping.
There was 166 first years, so making it to the top 50 was an accomplishment.

Kalego's eyes widened slightly, "Wow. I was betting you'd fail." He said, nodding in approval, "Good job. For someone with an IQ as yours, I'm suprised."

I grumbled as I stuck my tongue out, "It was all skill, not luck! I got that 50th with my own bare hands, you know!!"

Kalego nodded, "Yea, I said good job."

I smirked as I turned back to Shichiro, "Thanks for the picture books.. It really, really helped!" I said with a smile.

Shichiro smiled back, although he was wearing a mask, "Glad to help, Kurai..!"

So the day ended, with all 3 of us getting in the top 50. It was a pleasant day, for all of us.

---
774 words
A/N
I wrote this at 10:30pm while I was extremely tired. Sorry if I rushed anything, or had any grammar/spelling mistakes, I hope you guys enjoyed!

And check out my new fanfiction with Miguel O'Hare! It's OC x Miguel, but it's great nonetheless! It's in the planning stages, but it'll be published soon!!!