These Are Irreplaceable Bonds

Morgan's POV.

My older sister looks at me as if I had magically grew another head.

"You jest," Lucina says, shaking her head in complete disbelief. "It isn't possible for there to be two of you."

"It wasn't possible for us to time travel either, was it?" I smart back, trying to ignore the throbbing sensation in my head from arguing with her.

She stands from the wood stump that she sat on, next to where I lay in the grass soaking up the sun. I wasn't fully healed yet, in fact I was far from it. Though I firmly believed the sun and I were related somehow, there was a mystical change in my mood and body when I was out in the light. There were healing properties inside.. and I seemed to inherit that from my mother, we both were our best in the sun and daytime rather than the darkness of nights.

"But Morgan what you're telling me is even more far-fetched." Lucina starts pacing back and forth in front of me. I lift my head up and groan, "Would you stop, just watching you makes my leg, my head, my hand, my everything that has feeling ache!"

"How could.. Cynthia be my sister? You're implying that Mother - "

"Sumia remarries? Indeed, sister. That's what I've been saying over and over again, thank you for finally getting it." I frown, then tone down the sass. "In your future it's just you and I with Sumia and Father, correct?" I ask, even though I know it is right, but somethings just needed more explaining.

"Of course, that's the fate tha-"

I cut her off, "But where I come from, you are Sumia's daughter with Father, the crown princess. The inheritance goes to you for being his firstborn and from his first marriage. Things fell apart between your parents when Father realized he loved Mother, eventually, they conceive me in a moment of passio-"

Lucina gasps, "Morgan!" I can imagine she's blushing right now.

"It's the truth, I know the records." I reply, not the slightest bit embarrassed. "Anyway, it happens soon because we are so close in age. Then, Sumia happens to get a position with the Knights and becomes close to a certain forgettable knight.."

"Who is it, Morgan? I must know!"

"I actually can't recall." I stare up through the treetops, trying my best to remember the man's name but I can't even grasp what he looked like either! "Must not be that important, regardless, she remarries and has that bouncy girl named Cynthia. End of family lineage so far."

She comes back and sits heavily on the tree stump she overturned. We were on the march again, after a couple of days more rest we had finally pulled out. This was break time. It was hard going because of my leg, so I would switch from walking to riding a horse. Mother said I should consider changing classes but I disagreed. I wanted to be just like her. Riding a horse all the time wasn't my cup of tea anyway.