This Is The Case of Cannibals And An Unplanned Son.

Maelys's POV.

"Oh ho ho! Isn't this sweeter than plain cane sugar?!" Gaius remarks, his face is the epitome of genuine amusement and pleasure at the otherwise incredibly strange circumstances.

The young man clings to me, and I grimace in pain from my wound. Did he not realize he was taller, heavier and too old to be jumping in people's arms like a child? Dear Naga. What in the seven hells was going on?

"W-wait, Morgan," Lucina says, trying to gain her brother's attention, and failing.

It sounds as if he is sniffling.. And I feel bad for thinking such cruel thoughts but I wish he would grow a pair and get his snotty teary-eyed mass off of my gosh darn body!

"Oh mother, I am so glad to see you. But you look so young?! Did you create an age reversal spell?"

Oh bother..

"MORGAN." Lucina yells, and the teenage boy turns his head, veeeery slowly from my shoulder and towards his darker haired sister.

"Do you mind? I'm having a moment." he says seriously, then turns back to me.

The older girl was not having it though, as she stood up on her feet, forgetting that she was in a hostage situation and her hands should be tied - and grabs Morgan off of me by the collar of his shirt.

"You're acting like a child, this is why I wanted you to stand behind!" she exclaims, and Owain starts to panic. "Guys, uh I mean, Brethren, can we please not draw the attention, er the intrigued gazes of our captors?"

His worried and hasty words are wasted, as Morgan just whines, and my head starts to pound at the events. "Luuuuucy,"

"No, Morgan, you listen closely, first. What in Naga's name are you doing with a bunch of cannibals?" she asks, and confirms my suspicions. So I wasn't the only one to hear it. "Secondly, she," she points at me "is not our mother. Father is married to Sumia, remember?"

Oh, If words could kill.. Our captors should have stabbed my heart multiple times and cut it out with a dulled knife, that would be more welcomed that those words.

"Lucina.." Owain warns, he looks pale as a ghost. I follow his gaze to see that outside of the fencing - a bunch of men with weapons and very long point sticks stand there, as if enjoying the show.

Huh. Maybe they heard my musing and decided to take me out of my misery.

Even though I think that, I scrabble away from the side of the fence to the middle, maybe a little too quickly - away from the holes they could jab me with. As do the three men who are actually paying attention.

Morgan and Lucina are still wrapped up in their siblingly fight.

"Hate to interrupt, but we have a situation," I say to them, of course Morgan listens to me and quickly bounds over to my side like a long lost puppy. Lucina finally realizes what is going on just in time to avoid one of the very long and pointy sticks poke her in the side.

We huddle in a very strange heap, just out of the reach of the weapons.

"You guys are no fun." one man says with a sigh.

"We like to play with our food here," another grins evilly, and a thought crosses my mind that probably shouldn't have at this dangerous moment but did.

Henry would fit right in here, except from the eating people part.. Though, I don't think he'd be impartial to the idea.

"What do we do?" Lucina asks me, and I am at a loss. We were sitting ducks.