This Is Judgement or Lack Thereof.

Chrom's POV.

We stand in the erected meeting tent, myself, Lucina, Frederick and Maelys. After escaping the Plegian castle with minimal trouble, not including the encounter with Validar, we had made it a safe distance away to rest ourselves for the night with hope that no pursuit would come since the King had what he wanted.

After a silent meal, the four of us retreated to talk about the new problem we faced.

"What I did is unforgivable, Chrom, you must hold up your end of the deal." the tactician speaks. I get questioning glances from the other two, but before I can speak to explain, Maelys already assumed control.

"I made Chrom promise that if I ever lose control of myself, that he must dispatch me so I may do no harm."

"You were aware there was a chance that this could happen?" Frederick asks, I can hear the motherly hen tone and this time I speak to save Maelys from having to deal with his overdoing nature.

"We were aware that Validar could hold some influence upon her, yes."

I expected the knight to reply with some question as to why I even allowed her around the Sorcerer, but a new voice, coming from just outside the tent jumps in on the conversation. "You knew, yet you placed her right in a nearly impossible situation to avoid."

"Reveal yourself, eavesdropper!" Lucina exclaims. We are replied with silence, until Maelys crosses her arms and gracefully, quietly slides over to the shut tent flap. In one slick moment, she has a squealing blue haired man by the ear. "Of course, the dutiful son," she comments. It would have been jokingly, but she was obviously too burdened with the weight of what she had done.

"M-mother, I'm sorry but I know you so well.."

"Just be quiet and just sit here. Not a single word from you," the stern gaze in her eyes does something to me inside, it's like I know she would be the perfect mother. She is the perfect mother.. Especially to our son.

Gods.

Would she really force me to leave her behind? To kill her when there's still hope to change the future?

She turns to me again, furthering the conversation, and the impossible request. "I can't be trusted, there's cursed blood in this body. You must spill it, or my father's dominion will ruin everything."

This was the ultimatium. I doubt Maelys would ever forgive me for my decision, and she would headstrongly fight every chance she could to have her way but..

I am commander.

I am her leader.

I am HER Exalt.

"I will not."

The only sounds around are the chirping songs of crickets, the chatter of our companions scattered about the camp and the crackling of the fire built up in the middle of our meeting place.

Not even Frederick makes a peep.

"Then I shall do it myself." she says slowly, those mint eyes glaring through long eyelashes.

This was the one person I felt unable to command. It felt wrong to subject my power and title onto my dearest friend, but she would be honor bound to do as I say. She held it in high esteem, and I would be requesting it as her superior. Not her friend.