This Is Observations.

There are times where you just have to learn that avoiding people is.. Unavoidable.

This would be one of those times.

Marching had to be one of my least favorite things about being a tactician for an army, I would rather much just sit back and yell out commands while riding in a chariot, or perhaps being horseback, but I was not a mounted fighter or an convoy assembler. Not to mention the constantly chatter of those around you, especially when it happens to be family members who had never even met before.

Oh yes. Lucina brought a whole herd of our offspring with her. 

And Lissa just had to have one of the most.. Interesting yet incredibly annoying sons, with her husband Ricken.

Lissa and Ricken were probably in love way before I even met them, they were both close in age, and I"m sure grew up together. Probably our two youngest in our band of Shepards, and the first to be wed. I remember how they realized their love for each other very clearly as I was the one who had to calm Chrom down once he found out his little sister was caught sneaking around camp at night to meet up with a certain individual to innocently watch the stars.

Needless to say, Ricken proposed marriage partially due to Chrom's threats that it looked wrong for a princess to meet with a man after dark, even under the circumstances of war. They were wed as we passed through a village with a church.

"No, Mother dearest of mine, your staff must carry a most honorable title! So when you cast the healing upon a fallen soldier, thy charm shall commence twice as much power!" Owain exclaimed, he sounded exasperated.

Lissa pouted, "But naming a staff that will just stop working eventually and be replaced, seems quite useless, honey. You only name things that will be able to carry that name for a long time."

I had lost count of how many times I had heard Owain mention that having a spectacular name for your weapon aided you in battle. If it boosted his morale, I said fine, it didn't bother me. But his chatter around camp, trying to make everyone believe his strange habit could get out of hand.

Watching them made me wonder if my child may show up.. It's hard to believe, but many children have already come to assist Lucina.

Panne and Gregor's very cautious son Yarne, Frederick and Tharja had a daughter named Noire, who was a sweetheart.. Some couple's even formed after meeting a their child.. Such as Maribelle and Vaike. They had no romantic interest in each other until Brady came along.

"What are you thinking about?" I almost jump out of my skin as Sully pulls her horse next to me, you would think I would hear the stomping of the animal, but no. I was lost in my own little world yet again.

I glance up at the fiery red head. I liked Sully, she was straight forward, strong, honorable and didn't allow me to take breaks when we sparred, "Just observing the relationships between our new forces." I reply.

"You mean those young'ins?" she asks, then glances over to the marching families, they all seemed to be near each other, sharing stories, getting to know what the babies they left home would turn out to be.. Even Chrom and Sumia had Lucina with them, smiling and carrying on as if we weren't even in the middle of a threatening situation.

I nod my head, and she makes a statement. "I suppose they're almost the same age as us though, when you think about it, give or take a couple of years. They're adults themselves, we just see them as kids cause they're our own."

"Do you wonder if your child may show up?" I ask her, adjusting my shirt collar as I walk.

Sully laughs, "Gods, I hope not. I mean not that I wouldn't want to meet them, but I think I want to have a little mystery, ya know?"