34

⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅∙∘☽༓☾∘∙•⋅⋅⋅•⋅⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅

THE YULE BALL IS ABOUT TO BEGIN. Students everywhere are getting themselves ready to walk down the steps towards the Great Hall where the ball would take place eventually. Everyone had been spending their holidays in a blast so far and it would only get better.

Snow is falling thickly upon the castle and its grounds now. The pale blue Beauxbatons carriage looks like a large, chilly, frosted pumpkin next to the iced gingerbread house that was Hagrid's cabin, while the Durmstrang ship's portholes are glazed with ice, the rigging white with frost. 

The house-elves down in the kitchen are outdoing themselves with a series of rich, warming stews and savoury puddings, and only Fleur Delacour seemed to be able to find anything to complain about.

Usually, Ebony would've found someone to get ready with, do each others hair and make up but she didn't. She is all alone in Slytherin house. She has not a single friend around here which wouldn't normally matter to her but it does annoy her a little.

She has just done her dark hair in a curly style and her make up is rather light. She moves over to her closet and looks at the dress Sirius had sent her in the beginning of the school year. It is absolutely beautiful and very sparkly. 

It's a dark emerald green colour and has a wide skirt. The corset has pretty green details knitted on them and the sleeve-straps are off the shoulder. The dress has a sweetheart neckline that wouldn't have been to any use if she were to wear it last year but now, her boobs had grown enough to fit into it properly. 

It takes a moment for her to get into it and close it off in the back. The corset isn't handy to close when you're by yourself but Ebony found a spell that would do it for her. She steps in front of the mirror and looks at herself for a brief moment. She looks so pretty. 

There is a part of her that wants to make a picture. A photograph to forever remember the moment but she doesn't have a camera. Maybe she could find the little Gryffindor boy somewhere. . .  if only she remembered his name. 

Ebony takes a deep breath when she realizes the time and closes her eyes for a moment. No need to be nervous now. . . many will drop from jealousy when they see her. She hears a quiet 'miaow' and looks over to see her cute little companion, Smokey, sit on her bed.

"I look good, right?" Ebony asks her beautiful grey cat. "I mean, I won't disappoint Fred, right?" 

Her cat shakes her little head, as if she understands what was said. Ebony smiles softly and hums.

"Here I go. . ." She pulls the door to her dorm open and walks outside. She gabs the skirt of her dress and holds it up as to not trip over it. She really doesn't want to face plant today. She walks through the long hallways on her own tempo. A nervous feeling takes over her insides.

The Entrance Hall is packed with students too, all milling around waiting for eight o'clock, when the doors to the Great Hall would be thrown open. Those people who are meeting partners from different houses are edging through the crowd, trying to find each other.

A group of Slytherins come up the steps from their dungeon common room. Malfoy is in front; he is wearing dress robes of black velvet with a high collar, which Ebony didn't like at all. Pansy Parkinson is clutching Malfoy's arm, in very frilly robes of pale pink. Crabbe and Goyle are both wearing green; they resemble moss-coloured boulders, and neither of them, Ebony is pleased to see, had managed to find a partner.

The oak front doors open, and everyone turns to look as the Durmstrang students enter with Professor Karkaroff. Krum is at the front of the party, accompanied by a pretty girl in blue robes.. Over their heads she sees that an area of lawn right in front of the castle has been transformed into a sort of grotto full of fairy lights – meaning hundreds of actual living fairies are sitting in the rose bushes that have been conjured there, and fluttering over the statues of what seem to be Father Christmas and his reindeer.