54

⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅∙∘☽༓☾∘∙•⋅⋅⋅•⋅⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅

SNAPE HAD GIVEN HIS CLASS AN ASSESMENT LAST WEEK. It was rather hard but Ebony managed to finish it with Portrait-Cedric's help to which she was insanely grateful for. He somehow was a very good potion-student and helped her the best he could.

"I have awarded you the grades you would have received if you presented this work in your NEWT," Snape says with a smirk, as he sweeps among them, passing back their homework. "This should give you a realistic idea of what to expect in the examination." 

"The general standard of this homework was abysmal. Most of you would have failed had this been your examination. I expect to see a great deal more effort for this weeks essay on the various varieties of venom antidotes, or I shall have to start handing out detentions to those dunces who get a D."

Ebony looks down at her paper with surprise written on her face. She has received an 'O' which she's sure would've never been possible if it wasn't for Portrait-Cedric and his incredible brain. Fred, however, struggled a lot more and earned a 'P'. 

"Unfortunately, I can say only one person received an 'O' on this essay and of course it is one of my own students who has managed to do this." Oh, so now she is one of his students? Snape had been nothing but mean to her because of something her father had done. What an idiot.

"I can't believe you are the only student with an 'O'!" George says when they leave the darkly lit classroom and enter the corridor. "I myself got a 'P'."

"I got an 'A'." Lee says. "It's not good but at least it's a pass."

"I can't believe Snape does this to us!" George mumbles, annoyedly. "He can't possibly expect us to get amazing grades in our third week of classes!" 

They continue to walk all the way to Transfiguration where they would get their grade from the homework of last week as well. Ebony sits down next to George and waits patiently for professor McGonagall to arrive. Once she does, she looks rather unhappy.

"As you all know, I have corrected the homework assignment I have given you last week. The results were rather depressing. All of you will have to step up your game if you want to pass your NEWT exams." 

Ebony looks down at her paper once again and smiles softly at the 'A' she had gotten. Again, she has passed a class which would help her immensely if she were to graduate Hogwarts. She looks over George's shoulder to see another 'P' on his manuscript written. He doesn't look too pleased.

***

AFTER THEIR LAST CLASSES, they had gone to the Great Hall for dinner. It was rather quiet until Harry, Ron and Hermione showed up. They have obviously also gotten their grades back for the homework that was given to them regarding their upcoming OWLs.

"Hermione," Ron says sharply "if you want to know what grades we got, ask." 

"I don't - I didn't mean - well, if you want to tell me -" 

"I got a P," Ron mutters, ladling soup into his bowl. "Happy?" 

"Well, that's nothing to be ashamed of," Fred states, who scoots into the conversation with his three best friends. "Nothing wrong with a good healthy P." 

"But," Hermione protests, "doesn't P stand for... " 

"Poor, yeah," Lee says. "Still, better than D, isn't it? 'Dreadful'?"

"So top grade's O for 'Outstanding'," Hermione is trying to remember, 'and then there's A-" 

"No, E," George corrects her, "E for 'Exceeds Expectations'. And I've always thought Fred and I should've got E in everything, because we exceeded expectations just by turning up for the exams."