XI Scream it from the rooftops

11

11.1 Luc

I wake up on the floor. There's a pillow under my head and a blanket covering my body. The last thing I remember I was fighting with Fort over who should take the bed. Fighting with me is useless – I always win, unless the opponent wants to experience the power of my toxic touch. I would've never forgiven myself if Frank had eaten Fort's face off or shitted in his mouth during the night. God no.

Thankfully, my face seems intact and my mouth doesn't feel more disgusting than usually.

But the bed is empty. Fort's gone.

Instantly, my mind is swirled with thousands of theories. I can't help it, this is how I am. Maybe Fort had some important things to do, maybe he went out to buy breakfast, or maybe he realized how much of a burden I am and left me for good. Maybe I should find my phone and check the messages before assuming and panicking.

I don't though.

I climb up onto the bed and press my nose into the pillow. It smells like soap, dust, and Fort's perfume. God. I fucking love him. I don't fight the feeling, I let it grow in my chest and allow myself to love Fort with my whole heart. And it feels right. It's freeing. It's like I can finally breathe. It doesn't matter what will happen next, at this moment, I let myself be happy and in love.

I'm so much in love my heart feels bigger than I am and it is filled with Fort.

My heart is Fort-shaped.

My heart is standing at the door, holding a paper bag in his hand. I smile. I'm head over heels and keep falling.

"I was hoping to get back before you wake up and start panicking," Fort says, sitting onto the bed.

I love you. I want to say it. That's the only thing on my mind right now. I want to scream it from the rooftops and whisper it in Fort's ear. I want to kiss Fort so much. I'm so stupid in love and I don't mind it at all. "One minute later, and I would've started crying," I say instead.

If I were normal, Fort would push me against the mattress and do all the scary and wonderful things to me. It's okay, I tell myself. I can jerk that image off my mind later. Maybe Ton's right and we should get creative in that department. There's no rush, we have time to figure it all out. We will learn how to be together. I bend down and bite Fort's back because I can. Fort arches away, laughing, and puts his hand on my head.

Fuck. No.

Waves of cold white panic drown me in a second. I look up at Fort, heart pounding in my ears. The bastard is smiling. He's wearing gloves.

We will definitely learn.

"Are you ready to talk?" Fort asks, brushing my hair. I don't want to talk, I want to snuggle next to Fort and purr.

"Feed me first."

We eat in bed. Fort feeds me with a spoon and I lick my lips in the dirtiest way. I'm quite pleased with myself when a blush creeps up Fort's cheeks.