004

4
______________________________________________

I struggled going to sleep last night but when I finally did I tried to savor every mer second. It was currently eight-twenty in the morning when I heard my phone buzzing. I reached over stretching my arms and yawning.

Marcus name showed across the screen and while I always smiled whenever his name flashed on my phone, for some reason today I didn't.

I blame Charlie and his drunk therapy sessions

"Hello." I answered at least trying to sound happy.

My morning voice was raspy but he didn't seem to notice thankfully.

"Morning baby how'd it go settling in?" He asked.
I could hear the coffee machine go off in the background. I'm sure he was either cooking eggs or bacon and getting ready for his morning workout just as he always did.

"It was fine." I sighed getting up and placing a robe over my laced underwear. I always wore matching underwear whenever I went to bed, it was either that or completely nude.

Don't ask

"That's good I was worried I just wish— hold on I will call you back Havana I have to—

—go work out?" I asked finishing his sentence looking over to see that it was eight-thirty. I heard him chuckle on the other line.

"You know me so well baby I'll call you later bye I love you." He said before hanging up the phone.

I threw it on the bed walking towards my vanity in my old bed room. I stared back at my reflection suddenly touching the bite mark that was left on my neck.

It sent shivers up my spine at the thought of him— I quickly shook my head getting rid of any lustful thoughts.

This was becoming borderline obsessive.

Chill Havana it's not like you're stalking the mans social's or something.

Truthfully it had crossed my mind severals of times in fact but Lisa's words constant ranged in my head like a broken record and no matter how much I wanted to deny it she was right.

It is hard to find a good man these days and Marcus was one of them. Plus Dexter didn't seem like the type to have a social media account anyway.

There was a knock on my door that took me out of my thoughts.

"Come in." I said tying my robe tighter around my waist greeting whoever stepped into the door.

When I saw the familiar dirty blonde hair past my vision I instantly jumped giving my step-sister a warm hug. "It's been too long." She whispered grasping me tighter as I laughed in agreement.

"Too fucking long Harper whereas my handsome nephews?" I asked.

"Downstairs eating breakfast, speaking of eating get dressed and hurry down stairs most of the family arrived last night. And you know I can't last ten seconds being surround by all those men."

"You have Adeline." I said.

"So? Adeline is literally stepping into her early forties, she's a mother figure." Harper scolded.

I laughed shaking my head. "That's still considered young Harper."

"Please." She snorted. "I am not gossiping to Adeline about my sexcapdes during my vacation in Bora Bora." She says giving me a knowingly wink.

"We need some more girls in the family." She rambled shutting the door behind her. I snickered to myself just wait till I told her about Marcus. I knew she would be upset that I hadn't mentioned him earlier but I knew she would get over it.