12- Horcruxes

3 October 1991 (Monday)

Ever since Addie secretly re-opened the chamber, she has been discreetly going down there every night with her invisibility cloak to spend time in the large library situated in the apartment and even to sometimes sleep there.

She had managed to go two nights without the girls finding out, but she had been caught on the third day by Lara and Hales when they'd woken up early before the time Addie normally sneaks back into the dorms.

Hence the reason Addie then told them about the apartment situated in the chamber before making them promise not to tell anyone else about her night activities. Anyways this morning she awoke in the chamber apartment an hour before classes as she changed into her school robes before using the invisibility cloak to sneak back up towards the dorms.

Classes had gone about as normal before finishing around 1 p.m. in the afternoon. Addie had decided to start on her homework in the school library as she gathered her assignments before making her way there.

The library was filled with many students of different houses and years as Addie took a seat in one of the tables near the window. It was a kind of secluded area where not many people could disturb her unless they really looked for her.

She was just starting her first essay for Transfiguration when someone approached her. Addie looked up to find Ginny standing next to the table with a small smile.

"Hey Ginny, what's up" Addie greeted the girl in the sincerest voice she could muster.

"Hey, I was just wondering if you don't mind that if you could help me with my potions homework. I would have asked my friends or even my brothers, but they aren't as good in potions compared to you. You don't have to help me if you don't want to. In fact, if I'm disturb..." Ginny rambled out as Addie was quick to stop her mid-sentence.

"It's not any trouble Gin. I would be happy to help you with this. Like you said yourself, nobody knows potions as well as I do. Why don't you take a seat and I'll help you." Addie offered as Ginny smiled gratefully before sitting down as she explained her problem to her.

The two girls were working simultaneously on their essays with Ginny getting as much knowledge she could from Addie. They were finally done an hour later as Ginny thanked Addie.

"Thanks a lot. May I ask you something if it's ok with you?" she said.

Addie gestured for her to continue as Ginny gulped before asking.

"I don't understand as to why my brother and his friends warned me not to hang around you. You aren't like the other Slytherins. I think you are rather kind and nicer compared to the rest." Ginny said as Addie looked at her with a small smile.

Addie almost felt a tinge of pity for the girl in front of her. But at the same time Addie was jumping in joy inside at the fact that Ginny was naïve enough to believe this good girl charade that Addie was playing.

"I guess the others are too quick to judge Slytherins. They don't want to get to know us since they think we are all evil. The truth is that most of us are quite nice if you get to know us. I really appreciate that you see the kindness in me. Thank you Ginny" she said whilst touching her hand.

Ginny smiled as she started to pack her things. Addie managed to catch a glimpse of the interior of her bag as she saw an old, tattered diary that matched the description of the diary her father told her about.

"That's a really nice journal you have there" Addie commented as Ginny looked up.

"Oh this," she said as she took it out before handing it to Addie,