20.1 - The Mysterious Journal

6February 1992 [Monday]

Yule break was over, and the rest of the students had returned back to the new norm of life at Hogwarts. All the Muggleborns were pretty much walking around in fear of what was going to happen next. Although the mood had grown a bit hopeful.

There had been no more attacks since those on Justin and Nearly Headless Nick, and not to mention that Madam Pomfrey was pleased to report that the Mandrakes are almost ready to be cut and stewed.

On another note, the news about the now former 'Golden Trio' had spread fast around the school and they were the laughingstock of Hogwarts, not to mention they were currently more hated by most of the school especially Gryffindor.

The trio had managed to lose that many points that Gryffindor was on a negative number so low it was almost impossible to rise it up again and win the house cup. One of the things that Addie and her friends found to be funny was the different theories going around on why there wasn't another attack yet.

Many of the Hufflepuffs were still convinced that the Weasel was the guilty one, that he had 'given himself away' at the Dueling club. Peeves wasn't helping matters; he kept popping up in the crowded corridors singing

 'Oh Weasel, you Loser....'

 now with a dance routine to match.

In reality, Addie hasn't attacked again as she was simply not in the mood to hear all the drama that came after it so early in the year. Instead, she had been sleeping more frequently in the private apartment whilst also reading all the books she could find on dark magic located in her great-great-great(x5) grandfather's library.

Anyways it was now almost the second week of February, which also meant it was almost time for one of Addie's hated holidays, otherwise known as Valentine's Day. It's not that she hated love or anything like that, I mean she adores how much love and chemistry there is between all her aunts and uncles and not to forget how much her dad loves her mother despite their distance.

Instead, it was because of how cringey Hogwarts can be during this holiday, with all the couples being extremely lovey-dovey and affectionate. She had hopes that this year would be different, but obviously not all our hopes are always fulfilled.

A certain Gilderoy Lockhart seemed to think he himself had stopped the attacks. He was telling or rather bragging to Professor McGonagall the other day.

"I don't think there'll be any more trouble Minerva. I think the Chamber has been locked for good this time. The culprit must have known it was only a matter of time before I caught him. Rather sensible to stop now, before I came down hard on him.

You know what the school needs now is a morale-booster to wash away the memories of last term! I won't say anymore just now, but I think I know just the thing...." he said whilst walking away.

McGonagall just rolled her eyes and sighed as she wondered just how drunk on his ass Dumbledore must have been when he hired that fool of a man.

14 February 1992.

Lockhart's idea of a morale-booster became clear at breakfast on February fourteenth. Addie had woken up with her familiar asleep on her chest and surprisingly Lara fast asleep next to her.

She looked to her left as she found a bouquet of red roses and some chocolates on her bedside that obviously was not from her family since their gift basket was already situated on the foot of her bed along with Lara's.