3:: inlove

amber freeman's POV:
I woke up with a splitting headache and an aching back pain, but all that matters was I was next to Tara, and she was safe and un-injured, she looked beautiful sleeping, I tucked a piece of hair behind her ear and turned on the TV, waiting for her to wake up while holding onto her hand. I tried to focus on the show but I couldn't help the fact that all this guilt has been dropped down on me, it's all my fault Tara is in here, i should've just came down immediately to her house. "Amber?" A soft raspy voice said my name, "Tara? Your awake?" I whispered, although I can't hold in my excitement the fact that she's awake. "Amber.." Tara said, her voice barely being above a whisper. "I'm here for you, what do you need? I'll get it right now." I stood up slowly, leaning in slightly. "Can you.." Tara spoke, but her voice kept getting cut off. "Can I what?" I asked her, cupping her cheeks. "Can you hug.." Tara looked at me, "Hug who?" I teased. "Me.." Tara grabbed my hands, shifting towards me. I let out a sigh and hugged her. Her skin was ice cold, I could feel her breath going on my neck before I start to turn red. "Amber.. I'm.." Tara's voice began to quiver, I held her close to me, patting her head. "I'm sorry." Tara cried. My eyes widened and I began trembling, what was I doing? "Tara, I love you." I didn't mean to say that, what just happened? Tara began to look up at me, shit. I'm not doing this, I stood up out of instinct. "Amber I-" Tara began to confess, though I just cut her off because I was so nervous and guilty. "I can't do this, I'm sorry Tara. I'll just see you another day." I shook my head, I didn't want to leave her, why was I leaving? I wanted to hear what she said, I wanted to stop there but I couldn't, I felt like I was being controlled.  "Fuck." I swore under my breath, sitting down on the chair right outside the door. I heard grunting in the room, I wanted to check but I already said I was going, I pressed to call the elevator and got in.

tara carpenter's POV
She just left me there, I tried to get on my wheelchair but my foot was killing me. "Amber." I tried to shout but my voice was weakening. I wanted to text her but my phone was all the way on the desk and my body couldn't even move a toe. I try hard to get it, the pain is killing me, I can't even shift over to the desk. After a few attempts I finally got my phone and immediately texted Amber.

tara:
can u come back pls? dnt leave me here..
read: just now

tara:
pls don't leave me on read amberr
read: just now

tara:
plss come back, don't leave me like this
read: just now

I just looked at my phone and sighed, Ding!

AMBER !! :
hru feeling ?

tara:
can u come back plss

AMBER !! :
tmrw

tara:
noo come back rn

AMBER !! :
cbf, im alr downstairs

tara:
im txting u cuz my arm is hurting real bad :(
read: just now

I just placed my phone down next to me, staring at the TV screen when I heard a ding from outside. "Hello?" I called out. "Holy shit Tara are you okay? What happened?" Amber raised her voice, panting. "Nothing happened, I just texted to get your attention." I slightly laughed. "Fucking hell, don't do me like that." Amber rolled her eyes, sitting down next to me. "Sorry I left you by the way, I kinda just panicked." Amber apologised. I stare at her for a second and looked back at the TV, "It's fine, your here now. That's all that matters." I forgave her, placing my head on her lap.

time skip , tara got discharged from the hospital
"My house or yours?" I asked Amber, "My house, it's not safe at yours at the moment." Amber said, keeping her eyes on the road, I admired her protection, this is another reason why I had a crush on this girl. "Okay.." I stuttered. We pulled into Amber's driveway, I enter her home, gosh so much memories wash over me. I enter her room upstairs and throw myself onto her bed. "Go get some sleep, we have school tomorrow." Amber said, not looking at me. "Hey, look at me when your talking to me." I sarcastically said. Amber shook her head and laid on her bed, facing the wall. "Ams, is something wrong?" I hugged her. "Nothing, get off me." She said, scooting away from my hug. "Did I do something wrong?" I whispered. "No. Just leave me alone." Amber sighed, she sounded pissed, so I just left her alone, although I wanted an explanation on why she was like this. After a minute of silence, Amber finally said something, "Tara. Can I tell you something?" I looked at her, "Yeah sure, what's up?" Amber stared at me for a good time, then looked at the TV. "Nevermind, it wasn't important anyway." She mumbled. "Hey, you can tell me anything. What's going on with you? Did I do something wrong?" I rubbed her back. "It's nothing really, I just, you know, feel like i'm a bad person, friend, for you." She shrugged, still focused on the TV. "Bad?" I straightened my posture a quite bit. Amber just nodded, barely looking at my direction, "You aren't a bad friend, what makes you even think that?" I hug her. "Just some thoughts, I'll stay here with you tonight, let's just sleep." She laid me down gently on the bed, turning off the lights. "I'm sorry if I did anything wrong, Ams, I'll try not to do whatever I did to make you act like this again." I whispered, holding onto her tight. "It's okay, your safe here." She comforted me, holding me tight. I felt so safe around Amber, I wanna ask her out so bad, but we are just friends. "Amber do you like anyone?" Shit, why did I say that? "Why do you ask?" Amber groaned in a tired voice. "Nothing, just curious." I muffled, hiding my head in her chest. "Yes I do." Amber said after five seconds of silence. "Girl? Boy? Anyone in particular?" I wanted to know so bad, Amber said nothing and  just started rubbing my head, "You don't need to know, just go to sleep." She said.