2. episodic.

WORDS; 726.
TO; Myself.

By now, a year had passed

By now, a year had passed.  I would consider myself over him, since the only time I'd think of him is in passing, on those late nights when I can't sleep and my mind finds itself dwelling on the most devastating parts of my memory that I couldn't handle. But today, when I was standing beside my father on the wooden podium, I saw him smiling at me from the sidelines.

I immediately looked away, not faltering my gaze off of the audience below us for a moment. That way I wouldn't have to look at him again as my dad spoke drunkenly into the microphone and I painstakingly listened to his slurred words.

Soon enough, they had to drag him away and make him nap. It isn't something I'm unfamiliar to, but this short break gave Wilbur an opening. He tapped on my shoulder. "(Y/N)... Just as beautiful as —" I walked off as he spoke, and he shouted. "Wait!"

"Hey, come on..." He begged as he followed me off the podium and onto the grass, the distance wasn't a saviour for me like it was for him. He just wouldn't leave me alone again. "What do you even want..?" I asked coldly, yet genuinely wanting to know. "I miss you."

I stayed silent with my back facing him, holding myself back from lashing out at him as my breath grows heavier.

I think he noticed my silence, because he was hesitant with what he chose to say afterwards.  "...(Y/N), listen to me.  I was stupid, leaving you was a mistake."  I try to hold back from reacting in the slightest, but I couldn't help myself from laughing.  "I'm not joking! Please, stop laughing."  It hurt.  It hurt to not be able to express myself more than that.  I hope he understood.

I thought he was so pathetic.  He was chasing me, and saying those dumb excuses.  And he probably thought I'd hop into his arms and forgive him like that!  I wanted to say it right to his face, tell him how ridiculous he really is in my eyes.  "...Please."

Wilbur stepped in front of me to gauge my emotions.  I don't think he understood as much as I wished he would.  "I really am sorry."

Before he could get much more out, a noisy, blonde-haired distraction found his way to us.  "WILBUR...  Who's this?  Is this your girlfriend?  OHH...  Niki's gonna be upset about this!"  This kid allowed me the time to slip out of Wilbur's view and hide in a building which dad and I had been in previously when he was going over something political.  No one even noticed, or asked, until the end of the election when I heard my dad's voice shout;  "Hey, also, where's my daughter ran off to?!"  There was a laughter in his tone, but I could hear that he was concerned behind that false confidence.

Some scattered to hunt me down, so I snuck right out of that building to go sit in the forest alone for a moment, somewhere they would find me soon enough.  Somewhere that was temporarily peaceful, among the tall spruce trees.  "There you are!"

Someone called as they ran to me.  This wasn't someone I had met before, he was wearing sunglasses, his curly hair down to his grey shirt.  "I'm Eret, nice to meet you, ma'am."  I stood up, definitely not to his level, though.  Not when he's wearing platform shoes.  If I was to guess, Eret is probably around Wilbur's height in those things.  "Hi.  I don't really...  Know you."  Maybe taller.

"That's alright, I don't know you either.  I've just gotta get you back to Schlatt before he worries too much, come along."  He spoke kindly as he stepped backward, once he watched me step forward, Eret turned his back to me and simply believed I was following him instead of turning back again.  We reached the podium quick to meet no one.  "Huh, where have they run off to now?"  He laughed.  "Well.  I found you, that still counts, right?"

Eret was nice, his jokes made me feel a little more welcomed.  I shrugged.  "How about you and I knick off, and I'll tour you around this place?"  I nodded and followed after him with a smile.

FROM; My Memory.