4. re-fret.

WORDS; 984.
TO; Myself.

I have spotted him staring at me numerous times, and he keeps on flashing me that corny smile like he used to

I have spotted him staring at me numerous times, and he keeps on flashing me that corny smile like he used to.  He must think he's so cute.

What sucks the most, is that him and Eret are friends.  Eret is the first person I got to know around here, and she's already plotting with my ex boyfriend.  They're planning against me, they have to be.  Maybe I really did deserve the breakup, and now he's going to get his revenge for whatever it is I've done.

He isn't safe.  I'm not safe around him. "Dad..."

I tugged on the old man's dark sleeve, he sighed. "One moment." He said to Quackity before turning to face me, "What is it, munchkin?" I glanced at Wilbur in the distance. "Wilbur is planning something to harm me, I can't be here." Dad nodded and wrapped a protective arm around my shoulder.

"I'll be back in a bit." He announced carelessly as he walked me away in the direction of our little home near the river. "Are you gonna be alright on your own?" I nodded, he smiled as he looked back at where we were heading, stopping at the front doorstep.  I went forward and opened the door, only realising when I was heading in and closing the door behind myself that he waited to make sure I got inside.  I laughed softly.  "I love you, dad."

"Love you too.  Have fun, but not too much fun without me, missy."  I closed the door with a grin.

Only a few minutes later, I heard a knock at the door.  I took a peak through the peephole, and it was Wilbur standing before me with a bouquet.  The only thing between us now was that saviour of a door.  "What do you want?"  I asked loudly enough for him, and his face dropped.  "I just want a chance to explain everything.  Please?"

His tone was desperate, but he seemed hopeful.  "Do you even know how depressed I got without any explanation all that time ago?  I was constantly overthinking it, I still am after I'm seeing you again."  I started, he stammered to speak.  "And only now, after all that time...  Now is when you want to explain?  When I want nothing to do with you?"  Wilbur fell silent for a minute, deep in thought.  "Please..."

"It was a huge mistake.  I'm not —"  I interrupt him with a shout;  "You abandoned me with a baby and a dumb note!"  I hit the door from this surge of raging energy in me.

"I'm a dad?"  He asked in shock.  "Fuck, please open the door.  Please!"

To keep myself calm, I stepped away from the door and left to my bedroom to sit on the floor, alone.

It wasn't long before I was wondering if he was still there, by the time I checked, he had vanished, leaving only the bouquet by the doorstep with a note attached.  I hadn't seen this note before, or at least, I don't think so.  The ink looks fresh.

'We were teenagers, and I really thought I was going somewhere.  I left to bring life to this ridiculous nation and safety to all the europeans around, but I was always connecting sweet little things to you.  She would like this.  I wonder what she's doing now.  And way too much more.

I wish I could be saying all of this to your gorgeous face.  My love, I never got over you.  Hearing that I abandoned you with a child only dug deeper into my regret, I want to be able to make it up to you and our child.  I love you so much, but I need to prove that first.

-Soot.'  This stupid guy really thinks I kept his child.

I made a pole out of sticks, and put the bouquet on the top of it setting it outside and lighting it on fire.  I hope this message finally gets through to him;  I am done with him.  I had moved on, it's only the sick reminder of his existence that makes it feel as if I haven't.

Hours later, I had a start on making dinner when my dad came in clutching a bottle and accidentally spilling a trail to where he walked.  "Dad...  You're drunk."  He burped.  "Fuck yeahhh!  Haha, you got something to say about that?"  I ignored him, not wanting to have an argument with him right before I could serve up dinner.  "...Hey.  Hey!  Where's all my drink gone?"

He checked in his bottle through the opening.  "I swear I had more in here...  Ugh."  His bottle dropped from his release and clattered to the floor as he moved to the refrigerator in search of another cold one.

"Hey, what're you cooking?"  He closed the fridge door, forgetting what he was even doing once his attention shifted to the oven.  "Leftovers.  Potatoes, beef and some veggies."

"Why not put it in the microwave, then?"  Dad seemed really interested in this, oddly enough.  "Don't want it to taste bad."  He made an 'ahh' in understanding.

"Wilbur visited me."  Dad stood in shock.  "What — I didn't even notice him piss off?  What did he say to you?  Did he do anything?  Are you okay?"

He kept on flooding me with questions without time to answer, so I turned and hugged him.  "I'm fine now, he only wanted to talk."  I whispered as I pulled away, yet I was still too close.  I could smell the drunk in his breath.  "He left me with a bouquet and a note, but I thought it was some trick, so I burnt it on that pole outside and watched it from the window."  This made him laugh.

"That's my girl."  He patted me on the shoulder before heading off to find something else to engage his interest.

FROM; Me.