Old Friend

Months had passed since the Driver had left his dangerous line of work behind, and you were both settling into your new life. The two of you had moved into a new apartment, and the Driver had found a new job that he loved.

One day, as you were cooking dinner in the kitchen, you heard the doorbell ring. You wiped your hands on a towel and went to answer it, curious about who could be visiting you.

When you opened the door, you were surprised to see Shannon standing on your doorstep. He looked older and more tired than you remembered, and you could see the sadness and regret in his eyes.

"Can we talk?" he asked, his voice quiet.

You hesitated for a moment, unsure if you wanted to let him in. But then you thought about how much the Driver had changed since he had left his old life behind, and you realized that perhaps Shannon had changed too.

"Come in," you said, stepping aside to let him through the door.

You led him into the living room, and the Driver came out of the kitchen to see who had arrived. He froze when he saw Shannon, his eyes filled with anger and resentment.

"What do you want?" he growled, his voice low.

Shannon held up his hands in a gesture of peace. "I just want to talk," he said. "I know that I messed up, and I'm sorry. I've been trying to make things right."

The Driver was silent for a moment, his eyes fixed on Shannon's face. Finally, he nodded his head.

"Fine," he said, his voice cold. "But make it quick."

The three of you sat down on the couch, and Shannon began to speak. He told you both about how he had lost everything after the Pawn Shop job, and how he had been struggling to rebuild his life ever since. The Driver and Shannon managed to erase their trace since that job and would risk their lives if ever involved in it again

"I know that I can't make up for what I did," he said, his voice shaking. "But I want to try. I want to help you both in any way I can."

The Driver was skeptical, but you could see the hope in Shannon's eyes. You knew that he was sincere in his desire to make things right.

"We'll think about it," you said, glancing over at the Driver.

He nodded his head, his eyes still fixed on Shannon. "We'll be in touch," he said, his voice firm.

Shannon left soon after that, and you and the Driver were left alone in the apartment. You could sense the tension between you, and you knew that there was still a lot of healing to be done.

But you also knew that the two of you were strong enough to face any challenge together, no matter how difficult. As you wrapped your arms around the Driver, you felt a sense of love and connection that you knew would never fade.