Chapter 5: Meet my new buddy

A/N: Omg who ever is still reading this, I love you. Hahaha I'm so crap at updating because I have literally no time at all to write but I've taken a little time out of studying lately to write which is good because it's a good stress reliever. I hope you enjoy this chapter, I got really into and wrote it in a couple of hours!!

Song of the chapter that I played non-stop is Family portrait by P!nk

Chapter 5: Meet my new buddy

I probably looked like a fish out of water by the way my mouth was hanging open. Dumbfounded I stared at the man in front of me. How did he know I worked here? 

That was a stupid question. If Jason Black wanted to find something — no matter how difficult — he would find it. That was one thing I admired about him, his determination. Had admired about him. Back when everything was simple.

I straightened up, "What are you doing here?" 

He studied my face for a second before a smirk appeared on his lips, "To see my woman of course, why else?" 

I blanched at his words. Although a part of me got excited at being his again — but that wasn't happening — not now, not ever.

"I'm not yours anymore Jason. In fact, I haven't been yours or anyones for 5 years." I muttered, pouring his drink. I was tempted to spit in it, but thought better of it since he was right in front of me.

"You haven't been with anyone else since you left me?" The words weren't intended as harsh but I still winced as I felt the familiar guilt settle in. I left. Without an explanation, without a call or another word I was packing my bags and bolted.

With good reason, chimed the smart voice inside.

Remembering why I had to leave, roused a whole lot of anger through me. I wanted to punch his stupid face but I knew I could never lay a hand on him because as much as I hate the asshole in front of me, there was no denying that my feelings for him were still there.

"You kind of ruined me for any other man, Black." A bitter, dry laugh escaped me.

"Sweetheart—" I gave him a pointed look and he sighed.

"Jordan," he tried instead, "We seriously need to talk, I'm not leaving town until this is all sorted out."

And then what? We would talk and then he leaves town? Leaving me and Ariel alone? Would he even remain in contact after this?

That's exactly what you wanted isn't it — for him to disappear 

I ignored the annoying voice in my head although it was right. I did want him to leave but why did the thought of him leaving so easily make my chest hurt? Did he not want Ariel? I didn't care for me much...But Ariel was important and if he was going to introduce himself as her father, I don't want him leaving her hurt. 

"Fine we'll talk," I handed his drink over and looked him right in the eyes, "But only on my terms and I pick when."

His eyes sparkled with something I couldn't put my finger on, "Still feisty I see," 

I rolled my eyes at his comment and wiped the bench, "Enjoy your drink, I hope you don't choke, that'd be a shame."

With that I sauntered off and had to bite my lip from keeping the smug smile threatening to appear when I heard him choke on his drink.

"Ummmm how much sugar is in the blueberry pancake special?" I nearly groaned out loud as I stared at the blonde airhead in front of me.