Chapter 10: Home is in your arms

©sprinklemycupcake

"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring." 

— Marilyn Monroe

Chapter 10: Home is in your arms

When I got home later that night, I found Jason asleep on the couch with Ariel tucked under his arm and the little mermaid was playing on the TV. The scene itself made my heart melt. I was torn between moving them or leaving them because they looked so comfy. The maternal side of me won and I stared at them for a few minutes before manoeuvring my way between the couch and coffee table. I carefully slide my hands underneath Ariel's arms and lifted her into my arms. She made a little noise of disagreement at the movement but then snuggled her face into my neck.

Luckily my 5 year old was a small little thing otherwise I wouldn't be able to carry her right now.

Thanking Jason mentally for putting her pyjamas on already, I just tucked her into bed and kissed her forehead before turing the light off and shutting the door slightly so the hall way light wouldn't bother her.

I went back into the lounge room and saw Jason was still asleep. I couldn't help but stare at his face as his slept. He looked so peaceful but there was still signs of worry and tiredness etched on his face. I frowned and ached to run my fingers over the stress lines but luckily I stopped myself.

Should I wake him up or leave him...? It seemed rude of me to wake him up especially after he's been looking after our hyper active 5 year old night, he's probably worn out and plus it's not like his sleeping in my bed, so no harm done in letting him stay.

Although the thought of him staying in my bed... — No, no not going to happen.

As I grumbled with my thoughts, I hadn't notice Jason waking up until his husky voice froze me mid thought.

"What are you doing? Come over here, pretty."

His voice thick with sleep...Did I mention how sexy a man's just woke up voice is?

Good lord help me.

Obeying, I joined him on the couch and sat next to him. Not too close but not exactly far. He looked at me and shook his head, "Seriously? That's not what I meant and you know it."

Next thing I know, his arms curled under my legs and in a flash I was in his lap. I wrapped my arms around his neck and he buried his face into my neck. I couldn't help the shivers that took over my body.

"Was Ariel good for you? Not to much trouble I hope." I focused on the wall trying to distract my body from reacting his touch. It wasn't working.

"Mmm, god I've missed you Jay," my breath hitched as I felt him place a small kiss on my neck, "So," another on my jaw, "Sooo," then another behind my ear, "So much." and another on my damn collar bone. I squirmed underneath him and could feel myself breathing heavily. It was just soft sweet kisses but my body was already so turned on.

He grabbed my jaw and turned my head so that I was facing him. His eyes were piercing into mine and I got chills from just looking at him. It was like he was staring right into my soul.

"Did you miss me, baby?" His eyes never left mine and I fidgeted.

I exhaled as he brought up a hand and caressed the side of my face, his hands were cold but I loved the feel of it.

"Of course, more than you could imagine."

Jason's eyes darkened and his head began to move closer to mine. I flickered my eyes down to his lips and then dragged them back up to his eyes and saw the slightest flicker of a smirk on his lips. Oh boy I knew what was coming and I had no strength to stop it. I didn't want to stop it.