Chapter 13: Time heals

©sprinklemycupcake

some of you may be confused as to the name change -- i just thought it was time for a change tbh and now that i've changed it, i need to get my ass moving in editing every chapter with the proper name smh. I'll get there eventually. 

Anyway, enjoy the chapter!!! Few explicit scenes, nothing major. 

Hope everyone had an exciting Christmass!!! xx

Chapter 13: Time heals

5 years ago

Then —

"So I want to run something by you babe," Jason said as he brushed a strand of hair away from my eyes. I was laying on his bare chest as we relaxed after a long morning of events that didn't include getting out of bed. It was a Monday morning and neither of us had classes till later in the day. I was completely spent and utterly satisfied, there was no other way i'd want to spend a Monday morning other than in his arms.

I turned my head so I was facing up at him. He looked nervous which made me wonder what it was he had to tell me, "Should I be worried?"

He shook his head but he still looked nervous, "No—no it's nothing bad, it's just something I've been thinking about."

I pursed my lips and moved into a position where he had my full attention, "Okay, lets hear it then."

He stared at me for a second before saying, "I want you to move in with me."

My eyes practically shot out of its sockets and my mouth dropped open. Move in with him? I wasn't expecting that at all. I didn't know how to feel. We had only been together properly as a couple for a few weeks and while there was no denying my love for him, it was way too early to even be thinking of this. It was such a big step so soon. Panic rose in my chest as I thought about him breaking up with me if I said no.

I looked at the man who I've only known for less than a month and saw the love shining back in his eyes. I knew by just looking at him that it would take a hell lot more to run him off. A patient face waited for me to say something—anything, but I couldn't. Truthfully I didn't know what to say.

"Jase..." I closed my eyes and took a deep breath before opening them. My heart was going crazy in my chest, "Why now? Why do we have to rush? You know I love you but I can't. Not now."

His smile fell of his face and he looked like a sad little boy who had his ice cream stolen off him. I wanted to take back what I said but I knew in my heart that it was too soon, "Baby, please don't be mad"

His eyes changed as he heard the sadness in my voice and he grabbed my face with his hands and planted a soft kiss on my lips, "I'm not mad Jay, I'm just disappointed."

I closed my eyes and sighed, "Even if I wanted to, my parents would never let me move out right now — especially with someone who i've only known for a short time. Come on Jase, what's the rush? I practically live here already anyway."

He chuckled and rubbed his nose against mine, "That you do, but mark my words Raine, you'll be moved in here in no time and the quicker I do that, the quicker I get a ring on that finger of yours."

I gasped and whacked him over the head with a pillow, he let out a laugh allowing me to get a few hits before he caught my hands and caged them between his. He flipped us over so that I was under him and his face was levelled with me.