Chapter 1 : The Excitement of escape

"Huhhh, finally we are going somewhere out of this town, really was in a need of fresh air",I said to my friends. A college trip was just announced in the class & everyone was excited for it. Myself Kate, a freshman year student from SU University, i am an art student. I never really had a love life, and was more happy being single. I was never interested in toxic relationship dramas and somewhere I felt that there is no true love existing.

Anyways, the thing was I was very excited about the trip. It was planned that we were going in two days. Soon the two days passed away like clouds,and the day came. We were getting onto the bus, everyone dancing, singing and enjoying the moment, didn't even understood how time went by and soon we reached our destination. Our college had actually planned a camp in Calus Forests. We did trekking, there was this beautiful waterfall, we played there for hours, and at night we planned to have a bonfire night. At start, we all were singing, dancing & eating and then slowly the environment shifted to haunted experiences. To be honest from childhood i used to love hearing horror stories & watching horror movies. Some kids were sharing their paranormal experiences and among them was one of my classmate who told a story about the legend of the Calus Forest. It was always seen as a beautiful and majestic forest, a forest of one of its own kind. She told that there was an ancient tribe who used to live here, who used to live on blood of humans or animals. They used to haunt humans and animals. They used to look morealike to humans which became difficult to spot them.

She further told, these things looks pale in moonlight & their eyes shines as if they are diamonds & they can even lure you with their beauty. Somewhere i felt this is real but if only she knew that some people know she is telling us a movie story and connecting it with the Calus Forest to make it look more real. Some kids got a little scared as it was getting too dark.

Teachers told us to go to sleep, so we all went back to our tents and i fell asleep as soon as i reached the tent. My friends were still awake ,were on the phone.

The beautiful morning came by and everyone was packing to leave , i packed my bag too & suddenly felt the urge to use the restroom so i went, I informed my friend, who was still a little dizzy due to lack of sleep.

I took my way to washroom and suddenly my stomach was paining severly, felt like huge cramps inside my stomach. I saw the time on my watch it was already 7, the time when we depart from here. I tried to hurry, i opened the door & as soon as i got out i saw the buses leaving!!!!! Leaving me here all alone. I tried to run as fast as I could but it drived away right in front of my eyes. While running i hit the ground very hard, scratching my elbow a bit, it started bleeding. My phone was out of reach, no calls, no network. I didn't understood what to do ,i started panicking & feeling helpless and scared at the same time. Somehow i knew the road to go out,kept walking on the path, walked till the sun was about to set. I was out of energy, had no food or water. It was already getting dark so i decided to take a halt. I was carrying my backpack with me which had some supplies for tent making so I build the tent & decided not to leave until sun rises.

The night arrived, it was dark outside the tent, i could only hear noises of insects & brushing of branches against each other. I decided not to sleep but i fell asleep, I had a instinct that someone was outside the tent watching me, i woke up instantly and in real i saw a shadow walking around the tent. I wasn't sure was it of an animal or a human. I was terrified to death but did not move or make a single sound. Soon the shadow went away. I saw the time on my watch it was 4. A little light could be seen , i step out of the tent. A wild dog suddenly started barking afar, i got scared and started running away, it was still dark and couldn't see properly. While running i lost my balance and fell along the slope, sliding down and got slammed to a tree. I got unconscious and lost my senses.

To be continued...