Thirty One

Chapter 31

"And that's what I'm doing," Nathaniel assured her. He wanted to get to know his Angel, make her his only. The blush and smile should only be reserved for him, and God bless any third-wheeler. He was a possessive person; what was his always remains his, whether by hook or crook.

Aunty Sally smiled, seeing the possessive glint in Nathaniel's eyes, and shook her head, "Let's not make her wait," she said, removing her apron before hanging it on the hook.

"Yeah," he nodded and couldn't wait to see his Angel.

They walked out of the kitchen only to stop on their track when they saw Angelina and Hayden pose.

"Another one again," Hayden pleaded, pouting his face after so many pictures they'd snapped.

"No—" she groaned, "Your phone would have filled with our pictures already," she said, "And there's no more pose again," she slumped on the chair. It was fun; she felt like a child again. Hayden brought out the energy in her after taking pictures; they also did some reels and tried the slow-motion stuff.

"This is the last one," he whined, "Uhn?" raising his brow with lips downward.

"Oh my God," She facepalmed herself; she couldn't get away from his puppy eyes, "Okay, last one," she reluctantly agreed.

"Yay," he exclaimed, "That's why I love you," he grinned, positioning his phone on the table to record them.

"Are you ready, kids?" Hayden mimicked the voice of the pirate as Angelina's eyes widened in recognition and beamed, clapping her hands together. Exhilaration rushed through her, and she missed this.

"Aye-aye, captain," she responded in a child's voice, bringing her hand to the side of her head like saluting.

"I can't hear you—" Hayden raised his brow.

"Aye-aye, captain!" she giggled.

"Ohhhhhh! Who lives in a pineapple under the sea?" They chorused.

"SpongeBob Square Pants! Absorbent and yellow and porous is he! SpongeBob SquarePants!" They sang out the SpongeBob theme song without care for their surroundings, lost in the childish vibes.

"Square Pants," they squealed the last word and hi-five each other, laughing out loud.

"Woah, quite a display," Nathaniel made his presence known as Angelina gasped, flustered. "Interesting," he said, coming closer and then pecking her cheek adoringly while Hayden made a disgusted face.

"Go get a girlfriend if you are jealous," Nathaniel snickered.

"I'm still in my wooing process," he chimed while Nathaniel rolled his eyes.

"I'm sorry to cut this reunion short, but we need to enjoy our time," he announced, making Hayden wiggle his brow and aunty Sally look amused. Always straightforward.

"Oh sorry, lover boy," Aunty Sally exclaimed dramatically, "We won't want to hinder your precious time," she said coyly while Angelina blushed furiously.

"I'm going out now, and I want to buy some groceries. Why don't I accompany you guys to give you a tour of Victoria's market?" she made a statement while Angelina was already nodding. It would be good.

Nathaniel patted Hayden's back, "don't trouble aunty Sally too much, Uhn," He said, smiling at it.

Hayden walked to where Angelina stood, "Thanks for today. I enjoyed myself," He grinned while Angelina nodded, "Me too, it was fun," she agreed.

Nathaniel put his hand forward when he saw Hayden stretching his arms to hug Angelina, "unh Unh," he shook his head, "Five feet apart," he muttered.

"What?!"