Poison

Esmè groaned as she woke. She looked around and saw that she was in the hospital wing. She frowned not knowing what had happened.

She looked to see Nova as she walked in. She smiled. "What happened?" She asked as she looked to her.

Nova sighed. "You were poisoned. Snape is trying to find out who did it. But you're lucky to be alive," she told her.

Esmè frowned. But who would be stupid enough to poison her. She couldn't help but feel like it was something to do with Harry.

Esmè looked to see the look on Nova's face. "What? You're keeping something from me."

Nova sat with her. She sighed. "You're pregnant. Not too far along. But pregnant enough for spells to confirm it. I won't ask who the father is as I already know," she said.

Esmè was shocked. She was pregnant. Pregnant by her professor. And she couldn't believe it. She felt like everything was going wrong for her.

Esmè knew that Remus was the father. But they hadn't even discussed having a baby. She was still in school. And he was her teacher.

Nova smiled. "I'm judging by the look on your face you didn't know?" She said.

Esmè shook her head and sighed. "I didn't know. Believe me, if I did, I would have said something."

"I know."

Esmè didn't know what to think or do. She knew her head was a complete mess.

***
A few days later, Esmè had been discharged. She walked into the common room to see Nova sitting with Draco.

She smiled at seeing how close they were. "Well...
What do we have here?" She asked.

Draco smiled and walked off. Esmè sat with Nova who looked to her and smiled. "So, how are you doing preggers?"

Esmè rolled her eyes. She looked to her. "I'm just... my head is a mess. I need to talk to Remus. But I can't. He's a professor. I'm a student," she mumbled.

Nova nodded. She sighed. "I get that. You have to tell him though. It won't do you any good keeping it to yourself."

Esmè nodded. She knew her sister was right. But she was scared. "How's it going with Draco?" She asked.

"It's going good. I met Narcissa Malfoy. She's lovely. Lucius seems to approve too. Probably because I told him that my brother is a jerk and I'm not on his side," Nova said. 

Esmè smiled. "I'm glad you're happy. And the fact Lucius Malfoy likes you... well it's a good thing," she told her.

"Yeah."

***
Remus smiled as Esmè walked into the room. He looked to her. "How are you feeling?" He asked.

Esmè nodded. She sat on the desk. She looked to him and smiled. "I'm okay. Still in shock someone here has it in for me. And I'm just... I don't know. I feel like my head is a mess."

Remus took her hand. He smiled. "You're going to be okay. I know that Professor Snape will find whoever did this. And they will pay."

Esmè looked to him and smiled. But who poisoned her? And why were they trying to kill her?