Talks

Esmè had no idea how to make things work. She was pregnant and she had no idea how to make it work. She knew how things with Remus had been tense.

They hadn't been talking as much lately. And Esmè was worried about it. She had no idea what it meant for their relationship. She had no idea if he even wanted to have a baby.

It wasn't easy at all. And Esmè felt alone. She had no idea how to feel about it. She just needed to somehow make it all seem okay. She knew she had Nova. And she was happy about it.

But she just felt as though she needed to talk to Remus and make it clear to him that she didn't expect anything from him. She just needed to somehow be okay.

She had to somehow make things work out. And be okay. But she was scared. She was scared that her life was about to be flipped upside down.

She knew that having a baby while she was in school was never something she wanted. But now she was pregnant, she didn't know how to feel about it.

Part of her didn't know if she even wanted to have the baby. But she was scared that her life was going to change. And she just wanted to make something of herself. To make her parents proud.

All she knew was that things weren't the same. And she had no idea how she was even going to deal with the whole situation.

Morning came and she walked downstairs into the common room. Nova was there with Draco. Esmè sat down and smiled. "Hey. Did you sleep okay?" Nova asked.

"Not really. My brain has been overthinking so much. I can't handle it. I don't know what to do," Esmè said as she looked to Draco. "I'm pregnant."

Draco nodded. "I kinda gathered. Are you okay?" He asked as he looked to her.

Esmè shrugged and sighed. "I'm okay I think. I just have to do what's best for the baby. And myself," she said.

***
Esmè walked through the school. She sighed as she looked to Remus. She smiled. "Can we talk?" She asked.

Remus nodded. "Come to my chambers tonight. And we can talk," he said as he looked to her.

"Okay. After dinner?"

"Yes. It would be best after dinner," Remus told her as he carried on walking.

Esmè knew how she was worried about the whole situation. Especially as this would have been the first time they'd talked in a couple of days.

Nova walked over and smiled. "I gather you're going to talk? Don't let him hurt you. Or upset you. You deserve better than that," she said.

Esmè rolled her eyes. She sighed. "I don't think that I have anything to worry about," she said as she smiled.

***
Remus opened the door and smiled. He let Esmè in and sighed. "I gather we need to chat," he said.

Esmè nodded. She smiled. "I'm just wanting to tell you that I don't expect anything from you. I don't want us to be in that awkward situation."

Remus sighed. He looked to her. "I never once had the impression that I was going to ever have a child. This changes everything. You know what I am. And I could have passed this down to our baby," he said.

Esmè took his hand. "If that is the case, then we will do the best we can. And it's going to be okay. I promise."

Remus looked to her and smiled. But could they really make it work? Given all that was going to happen?