Interview With The Devil

Jenna sat in front of the camera, her hair perfectly styled and her makeup flawless. She took a deep breath and began to speak.

"Today, we have the wife of Xavier James here to speak with us." The interview said. "Go ahead, Jenna."

"I'm here today to talk about my soon-to-be-ex-husband, Xavier. As many of you may know, Xavier is a successful businessman and public figure."

Jenna paused for a moment, her eyes fixed on the camera.

"I'm sure many of you have seen the scandalous video before it was taken down. You see, I thought my husband loved me, but the truth was he only played that way so he could screw his Latina assistant Sofia Gracia."

Jenna took a deep breath and continued. "Xavier and I were married for over 4 years, and I always thought we had a strong relationship. But when I found out about the affair, it was like a knife to my heart. I couldn't believe that he would do something like this, especially with someone who worked for him." She said, choking up on fake tears.

"I know that Xavier is a public figure, and he has a lot of supporters. But I also know that the truth needs to be told. Xavier has been lying to everyone."

With that, Jenna stood up and walked off camera. She smirked and wiped her tears. Her friend was an interviewer with her own talk show and she asked Jenna for an exclusive. An exclusive she was happy enough to give on live tv.

~

Xavier's mind raced as he sat in his private jet, flying towards Texas. He was determined to find Sofia. His anger had not subsided, and he was prepared to do whatever it took to see her again.

When he arrived in Texas, Xavier's phone rang loudly, interrupting his thoughts, and he picked it up without looking at the caller ID.

"Hello?" he answered.

"Xavier, it's your mother," his mother's voice came through from the other end of the line.

"Hello, Mother," Xavier said, his voice cold.

"I just saw the interview with Jenna," his mother said. "I'm so disappointed in you, Xavier. How could you do this to your family?"

Xavier took a deep breath, trying to keep his temper in check. "Mother, I'm well aware of how you feel," he said. "But the fact remains that Jenna and I are going through a divorce, and I have every right to move on with my life."

"But with your assistant, Xavier?" his mother exclaimed. "How could you be so careless? You know how this looks to the public."

"I don't care how it looks," Xavier said, his voice rising. "Sofia and I have a relationship that goes beyond work. We love each other, and nothing is going to change that."

"You're making a mistake, Xavier," his mother said, her voice shaking slightly. "You're throwing away everything you've worked for."

"I'm not throwing anything away, Mother," Xavier said firmly. "I'm simply choosing to live my life the way I want to. And if you can't accept that, then that's your problem, not mine."

There was a moment of silence on the line, and Xavier could hear his mother's breathing on the other end.

"I can't believe you're being so selfish, Xavier," his mother finally said. "You're tearing our family apart."