Is she dead?

Xavier sped over to Zoe's house as fast as he could. Something was wrong he could feel it. As soon as he got off the phone with Sofia, he called Zoe to find out when last she'd seen her. As soon as he reached the front of Zoe's mansion, Zoe opened the door and jumped into the car.

"Drive." She told him.

"Zoe, what if -"

"No. Don't go there." She told him.

Xavier took a deep breath and sped off. "My security team is on the way to her apartment."

"How do you know she's there?" Zoe asked.

"I tracked her phone."

"Stalker."

"Sofia mentioned a strange car parked outside her apartment a few days ago, but I never checked it out because I was busy with the nursery." He explained. "So when I called her, she brought it up again and started laughing, then started talking about waffles."

"I feel like I heard you say waffles, but then again, it's 3am, and I'm exhausted, so..."

"Sofia hates waffles, so we agreed to use it as a code word for when we need each other. And something about her voice just screamed something was up." Xavier said to Zoe as he pulled into the back of Sofia's apartment building.

"Got it."

Xavier got out of the car and gave a nod to his security guys to be on the lookout.

Meanwhile, in Sofia's apartment, Jenna stood in front of her with the gun pointed to her head.

"Jenna, please..." She whispered.

"Don't fucking talk." She growled.

"I'm in pain. I need a hospital!" Sofia shouted as she held her belly.

Come on, Xavier.. where are you? She said in her head.

"You know it will never work, right?" Jenna told her.

"What?"

"You and Xavier. You're to submissive. A fucking push over. That's why your relationship would never work." Jenna smirked.

"And you're not like that, right?" Sofia asked, still holding her belly.

"Ha. No, I'm not." She agreed.

"So truthfully speaking, you have no idea what he likes and dislikes." Sofia said to her.

"Excuse me?"

"You're divorced. He divorced you. So, how do you know it wouldn't have worked?"

Jenna's eyes flashed with anger she pressed the gun to Sofia's head. Sofia drew in a sharp breath and closed her eyes in fear when she heard the gun click. She thought Jenna was gonna shoot her then when she opened her eyes again she glanced at the window and saw something.

Zoe's heart quickened at the sight of Sofia being held at gun point. She placed her finger to her lip to Sofia, then moved out of the window view and made her way to Sofia's door.

'What did you see?' Xavier mouthed to Zoe.

Zoe made a gun with her fingers and pointed it to her head.

'Jenna and Sofia.' She mouthed back.

Xavier's eyes flashed with anger and worry. He knocked on Sofia's door firmly.

"Sofia? Are you in there?" He asked, knowing the answer to the question.

Just then, he heard grunting and fighting, and he slammed himself into the door, trying to break it open. "Sofia!"

"Yes, 911? My friend needs help." Zoe said in tears.

Then, there was a gunshot. Xavier slammed himself into the door again, injuring his shoulder, but he didn't care.

Please be alive.. he pleaded in his head.

He finally broke the door down and saw Sofia standing there with a gun in her hand, and Jenna was crying and gasping for air on the floor.

"Sofia, are you okay?" He said, grabbing a hold of her and examining her body, but she was in shock. Zoe rushed in and hugged Sofia tightly.

"The baby is coming." Sofia whispered. It was all she could say.

"What? But it's too early." Xavier said.

Sofia glanced down at the water, dripping down her leg, and began crying.

"I'll stay here. Go Xavier. Take her to the hospital." Zoe told him while pressing on Jenna's wound.

"Thank you." He said to her and took Sofia's hand, helping her out of her apartment to his car. This was it.

"Hey, are you okay?" He asked her.

She winced a bit, then stopped to catch her breath. She was in pain.

Xavier helped her into the passenger seat and made sure she was comfortable.

It's too early.... he said in his head.

Sofia began to feel a sharp pain in her lower abdomen. She tried to ignore it at first, but the pain kept getting worse and worse.

"Breathe." He told her, but she shot him a look that said 'shut up'

As they drove to the hospital, Sofia's contractions became more frequent and more intense. She was writhing in pain, gripping the armrests of the car with all her strength. Xavier tried to keep his eyes on the road, but he kept glancing over at her, worrying etched on his face.

At one point, Sofia let out a loud cry, and Xavier knew that they were running out of time. He pressed down on the gas pedal, ignoring the speed limit, and swerved through traffic as quickly as he could. Sofia was panting now, her breaths coming in short, sharp gasps.

"I'm sorry, Sofia... I should've - "

"Just drive." She cried. Sofia didn't blame Xavier. He wasn't the one holding a gun to her head. She was actually relieved he was here, but right now, she was in shock and scared.

Finally, they arrived at the hospital. Xavier pulled up to the emergency entrance, and a team of nurses rushed out to help Sofia. They wheeled her into a delivery room, and Xavier followed close behind.

The nurse then stopped him. "Sir, you need to wait here."

"Like hell I am!" He yelled, but she called security to hold him back.

"Sir, the doctors will call you in when they get your wife settled in." The nurse told him, but he was worried. He wanted to be by her side. He wanted to hold her hand even if she didn't want him there. He could hear her calling out his name, but security wouldn't budge.

Just then, Xavier's phone rang. He pulled it out and then saw the caller ID. Zoe.

"Zoe. What's going on?" He asked her.

"It's Jenna."

Xavier didn't care about Jenna right now. He wanted to be with Sofia and his baby.

"What about Jenna? Is she dead?" He asked, but there was silence on the other line. "Zoe, answer me. Is Jenna dead?"

___________

YOU HAVE OFFICIALLY REACHED THE END OF BOOK ONE. CONGRATULATIONS. FOLLOW FOR MORE UPDATES ONTO WHEN BOOK 2 WILL BE OUT.

BE SURE TO LEAVE A COMMENT AND I HOPE YOU'VE ENJOYED SO FAR.

CHECK OUT MY OTHER BOOKS. THANK YOU ALL.

◇ THE BILLIONAIRES SURROGATE

◇ BLOODY ADORATION|SERIAL KILLER

◇BROTHER'S FIANCÉE

◇ KIDNAPPED|THE BROTHERS POSSESSION (EXTREME TRIGGER WARNING LIST INCLUDING RAPE)

◇ THE STEPDAD AFFAIR